Dogweed and Deathcap is at the northernmost point of Hogsmeade in Hogwarts Legacy. Players can reach it by fast traveling to the North Hogsmeade Floo Flame in the town square and heading north.
You can set a waypoint to make finding the shop easier by opening the map and selecting it. You’ll find it at the top of the Hogsmeade map.
Here is a full breakdown of how to get to the Dogweed and Deathcap shop in Hogwarts Legacy:
Read More: How to Get Fluxweed Stem in Hogwarts Legacy
Fast Travel to North Hogsmeade
- Fast travel to the North Hogsmeade Floo Flame located above Hogsmeade Square.
- If you haven’t unlocked it, head to the town square where you fought the troll at the beginning near Honeydukes and Gladrags Wizardwear.
Cross the Bridge
- After fast traveling to the North Hogsmeade Floo Flame, turn left and head up the stairs.
- Once up the stairs, follow the path until you reach a stone bridge.
- Cross over it.
Head Up the Stairs & Enter Dogweed and Deathcap
- Turn left at the end of the bridge and go up the stairs.
- Finally, turn right at the top of the stairs next to the street light and go up those stairs.
- You’ll have reached Dogweed and Deathcap.
You’ll need to visit Dogweed and Deathcap to complete Professor Garlick’s first assignment. They sell the necessary seeds to grow Mandrakes and Venomous Tentaculas.
Of course, Dogweed and Deathcap also sell seeds that can help you with the shockingly long list of side quests in Hogwarts Legacy.
Everything Dogweed and Deathcap Sell in Hogwarts Legacy
Here is everything you can purchase at Dogweed and Deathcap:
While in Hogsmeade, you should also visit The Magic Neep to get Mallowsweet Leaves, as it’ll help you solve every Merlin Trial in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Chinese Chomping Cabbage seed (600 Galleons)
- Mandrake seed (800 Galleons)
- Venomous Tentacula seed (1,050 Galleons)
Room of Requirement items
- Fertilizer (300 Galleons)
- Already-grown Chinese Chomping Cabbage (300 Galleons)
- Already-grown Mandrake (500 Galleons)
- Already-grown Venomous Tentacula (600 Galleons)
There is an Eyeball Chest with 500 gold coins inside near the Dogweed and Deathcap shop. So, make sure you know the trick to opening Eyeball Chests in Hogwarts Legacy before finding it.
How to Complete Professor Garlick’s Assignment 1
To complete Professor Garlick’s Assignment 1, you must use a Mandrake and Venomous Tentacula on a group of enemies.
The easiest way to do this is to buy both of these combat tools from Dogweed and Deathcap in Hogsmeade. However, if it’s too expensive, you can buy their seeds and wait for them to grow.
A Mandrake costs 500 Galleons from Dogweed and Deathcap, and the Venomous Tentacula costs 600 Galleons.
You can find both a Mandrake and a Venomous Tentacula out in the wild, but it will take an incredibly long time as they’re rare combat tools.
Once you’ve bought them, head into a combat encounter and open your combat tool wheel (hold L1/LB). Select either the Mandrake or Venomous Tentacula and then use them against your opponent.
Finally, head back to Hogwarts and attend a Herbology class during the day. As a reward, you will unlock the spell Wingardium Leviosa.
Of course, Professor Garlick’s Assignment 1 is just one of many side quests that you’ll need to complete in order to unlock every spell in Hogwarts Legacy.