There are two ways to get Fluxweed Stem in Hogwarts Legacy to use in potion making:
- Purchase it from The Magic Neep shop in Hogsmeade for 150 Galleons.
- Buy Fluxweed Stem seeds from The Magic Neep for 350 Galleons and plant them in a Large Pot in the Room of Requirement.
However, the easiest method is to buy it outright as opposed to growing it. Growing Fluxweed Stem takes 15 minutes and requires you to purchase a Large Pot Spellcraft from Tomes and Scrolls.
Fortunately, by using this fast money trick in Hogwarts Legacy, you purchase as much Fluxweed Stem as you’d like and have plenty of Galleons left over!
How to Grow Fluxweed Stem in Hogwarts Legacy
To grow Fluxweed Stem in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll need to purchase the Large Pot conjuration recipe from Tomes and Scrolls and the Fluxweed Stem seeds from The Magic Neep in Hogsmeade.
Set up the Large Pot in the Room of Requirement and plant the Fluxweed Stem seeds in it. Finally, wait 15 minutes for it to grow.
While you’re in Hogsmeade, you should check out the Dogweed and Deathcap shop to help you complete some of Professor Garlick’s Assignments.
Here is a full breakdown of how to grow Fluxweed Stem in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Unlock the Room of Requirement
- Purchase a Large Pot Spellcraft & Fluxweed Stem Seeds
- Plant the Fluxweed Stem Seeds
Read More: How to Unlock Graphorn Mount in Hogwarts Legacy
Unlock the Room of Requirement
- You will unlock the Room of Requirement during the 18th main mission in Hogwarts Legacy titled “The Room of Requirement.”
- This occurs after you complete the Jackdaw’s Rest and Flying Class main missions.
- Professor Weasley will introduce you to the Room of Requirement and teach you a handful of Conjuration spells.
- Once you’ve learned how the room works, you will be able to plant your own seeds.
How to Purchase a Large Pot Spellcraft & Fluxweed Stem Seeds
- Go to Tomes and Scrolls in Hogsmeade and purchase the Potting Table With a Large Pot Spellcraft for 1,000 Galleons.
- This can be done before unlocking the Room of Requirement if you want to.
- Next, go to The Magic Neep and purchase Fluxweed Stem seeds for 350 Galleons.
How to Plant the Fluxweed Stem Seeds
- Head back to the Room of Requirement and use the Conjuration spell to place the Potting Table With a Large Pot down.
- Interact with the Potting Table and select the Fluxweed Stem seeds from your Inventory.
- Wait 15 minutes for it to grow.
- Time does not pass while in menus, so make sure to explore or complete any of the many side quests available in Hogwarts Legacy while you wait.
- Interact with the Potting Table to retrieve your Fluxweed Stem.
What Does Fluxweed Stem Do in Hogwarts Legacy?
Fluxweed Stem is an ingredient required to brew two different potions. These are the Focus Potion, needed to complete Professor Sharp’s Assignment 1, and the Felix Felicis Potion.
You will also need to grow Fluxweed Stem yourself to complete Professor Garlick’s Assignment 2 in Hogwarts Legacy.
You’ll need to complete both of those Assignments to unlock two of the many spells in Hogwarts Legacy, Depulso, and Flippendo.
Both the Focus Potion and Felix Felicis Potion can be used outside of completing those Assignments. The Focus Potion reduces your spell cooldown while the Felix Felicis Potion reveals the locations of large loot chests for a single in-game day.
Where Is The Magic Neep in Hogwarts Legacy?
The Magic Neep is located on the West side of Hogsmeade, across the leftmost stone bridge next to J. Pippin’s Potions.
The easiest way to get there is to fast travel to the West Hogsmeade Floo Flame and cross the stone bridge next to it. The Magic Neep is directly opposite the bridge.
You can also purchase Mallowsweet seeds from The Magic Neep, which you will need to solve all of the Merlin Trials in Hogwarts Legacy.
Here is a full breakdown of how to get to The Magic Neep shop in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Fast travel to the West Hogsmeade Floo Flame
- If you haven’t unlocked it, go to J. Pippin’s Potions behind Ollivanders.
- Cross the bridge to the left of the building in front of the Floo Flame.
- The Magic Neep will be directly ahead of you.