Early on in the LEGO Fortnite experience, you’ll need to get your hands on some Planks – here’s how to get the basic building material.
If you’re looking to upgrade your Crafting Bench or build some more advanced structures, you’ll need to turn Wood into Planks.
Here’s how that’s done:
Where to Get Planks
The easiest way to get Planks in LEGO Fortnite is to craft a Lumber Mill and use it to turn Wood into Planks.
Wood can be gathered from sticks on the ground, or you can use a Forest Axe to cut down trees to acquire a lot at once. Then, bring it to your Lumber Mill to start production on some Planks!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process.
Making the Lumber Mill
- First, open the Build Menu with Square/X/Q
- Select Lumber Mill under the Stations section
- This will cost 8 Wood and 15 Granite, which can be obtained by harvesting small stones or using a pickaxe on larger stones.
- Place the Lumber Mill in an available area
- For best results, place your Lumber Mill in a shelter – as the station cannot be used in the rain. If it’s not raining, you’re fine to use it outside though.
- Interact with the Lumber Mill with Square/X/E
- Select the Planks recipe
- Now you can deposit Wood (X/A/Click the Plus) into the Lumber Mill menu
- Each one Wood deposited will turn into a Plank
- Wait for the Lumber Mill to finish its work, then select Take (Triangle/Y/W) to claim your Planks
You now have all the building materials you’ll ever need! But you’ll need to get your hands on Shells to complete your Crafting Bench upgrade – and those will require a little hunting.