Here’s everything you need to know about the Inkay Limited Research event in Pokemon GO, including how to catch the featured Pokemon!
The Season of Light has arrived in Pokemon GO and Niantic has revealed the first event for the new season.
The Inkay Limited Research event, of course, puts the focus on Inkay. However, there’s more to this event than what might be expected, including different wild Pokemon spawns, bonuses, and the debut of Inkay’s shiny form.
Make the most of the Inkay Limited Research event in Pokemon GO by experiencing everything that it has to offer!
Everything in the Pokemon GO Inkay Limited Research Event
Inkay Research Day Date & Time
The Pokemon GO Inkay Limited Research event will be taking place on September 3, 2022, from 11 AM to 2 PM local time.
This means that it will be running during these hours for players all over the world, no matter your time zone.
The two bonuses active during the Inkay Limited Research event are;
- Double Candy for catching Pokemon
- Increased chance of catching a shiny Inkay
Read More: Pokemon GO Candy Guide – How To Earn, Boost & More
How to Catch Inkay on Research Day
To catch Inkay during the Pokemon GO Limited Research event, you will need to complete Field Research Tasks found by spinning PokeStops.
- Spin a PokeStop during the Inkay Limited Research event to get a Field Research Task.
- Check to see if it is an event Field Research Task.
- You can tell this by looking in the bottom right corner of each Field Research Task.
- If it is an event Field Research Task, completing it will reward you with an Inkay encounter.
- If not, spin another PokeStop to see if you get an event Field Research Task.
- You can press the trash can icon on Field Research to remove any Tasks you don’t want so you have space to pick up more.
Inkay will not be spawning in the wild during the Limited Research event so this is the only way to catch it during the event.
Also, find out how to evolve Inkay into Malamar in Pokemon GO. The game doesn’t tell you how to evolve it so you’ll need some help before you can do it!
Is There Shiny Inkay in Pokemon GO?
Yes, the shiny version on Inkay will be making its Pokemon GO debut during the Inkay Limited Research on September 3. Plus, the shiny odds will be boosted for the duration of the event.
Instead of having a blue body, the shiny version of Inkay has a yellow body.
Check out our Pokemon GO shiny odds guide to find out the chances of catching a shiny Inkay.
Wild Pokemon Encounters
Finally, a number of different Pokemon will be spawning in the wild during the 3-hour Inkay Limited Research event. They are:
|Image||Pokemon||Can it be Shiny?|
If you’re out spinning PokeStops for the Inkay Limited Research event, you’ll also be getting a load of the new Season of Light Eggs. Here’s what you can hatch from them: