The Royal Hidden Passage in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is full of tantalizing loot, challenging bosses, and even an elusive Bubbulfrog.
This enormous cave system runs underneath Hyrule Castle and is home to plenty of monsters, hidden chambers, and so much more.
So, if you’re on the hunt for more cosmetics or are just looking for something to bash over the head with your newly Fused sword, then look no further than the expansive Royal Hidden Passage.
Complete Royal Hidden Passage Guide
How to Access the Royal Hidden Passage in TOTK
There are two ways to access the Royal Hidden Passage in Tears of the Kingdom. The first is in the Emergency Shelter in Lookout Landing, and the second is in the Observation Room in Hyrule Castle.
Here is precisely how to find both:
- Complete any one temple in the Regional Phenomena main questline.
- Next, head to the Emergency Shelter in Lookout Landing.
- Behind Jerrin (the woman sweeping the floor), a hole will have appeared.
- Head through, and you’ll be in the Royal Hidden Passage.
The alternative method via the Observation Room can be done immediately without completing any other missions. Here’s how:
- Head to the Observation Room in Hyrule Castle.
- You can access it by going through the gates of Hyrule Castle and then climbing up the cliff directly opposite.
- Use Ultrahand to open the grate on the floor behind Nobiro.
- Jump through, and you’ll be in the Royal Hidden Passage.
How to Find the Horned Statue TOTK
Players can find the Horned Statue by heading through the Emergency Shelter entrance to the Royal Hidden Passage and breaking the boulders on the right.
However, if you want to access it immediately, there is another way. Fortunately, we’ve covered absolutely everything there is to know about the Horned Statue and how to access it in our guide.
How to Find the Soldier’s Armor Set
There are three pieces of armor to find in the Soldier’s Armor set. They are:
- Soldier’s Greaves – Located in the Royal Hidden Passage in a hidden chamber near the Horned Statue.
- Soldier’s Helm – Located in a chamber next to the Stalnox and river inside the Royal Hidden Passage.
- Soldier’s Armor – Located in a hidden room close to the Observation Room entrance to the Royal Hidden Passage.
For complete instructions on how and exactly where to locate each piece of the Soldier’s Armor set, make sure to check out our guide.
How to Find the Stalnox in the Royal Hidden Passage
The Stalnox is found buried under a pile of breakable rocks next to a lake in the underground cave system in the Royal Hidden Passage Way.
You need to destroy the rocks around the Stalnox to wake it up. Once it completely stands up, it will immediately begin attacking you.
Here is how to get to it:
- From the Emergency Shelter entrance to the Royal Hidden Passage, head down the left path.
- Keep going until you find a fork in the road.
- Take the left path into the chamber with the Like Like.
- Defeat the Like Like and ascend up the platform it was hanging from.
- Continue down the path until you reach a large pile of rocks on the left and blue rocks ahead.
- Go through the blue rocks and down the bridge.
- Continue down the path and turn right when you reach another set of blue rocks.
- Head into the water and swim for a short while.
- Turn left when you see land and head onto the island.
- Beneath the giant pile of rocks is the Stalnox.
How to Beat the Stalnox in TOTK
To beat the Stalnox, you must knock its eye out and destroy it. The Stalnox cannot be killed without first removing its eye.
The easiest way to remove its eye is to shoot it with a Bomb Flower arrow. Alternatively, once you reduce its base health to below 50%, the eye will pop out once shot.
Fortunately, if you use these simple tips and tricks, you’ll be able to take down the Stalnox with ease!
However, there are some additional tricks you can use to specifically take down the Royal Hidden Passage Stalnox. These are:
- Once you’ve broken the rocks around its eye, immediately begin attacking it. The Stalnox takes a few seconds to stand up, during which it can’t attack you, leaving it vulnerable.
- If you run out of weapons, Travelers Claymore’s will drop from the broken rocks surrounding the Stalnox.
How to Find the Royal Hidden Passage Bubbulfrog
The Bubbulfrog in the Royal Hidden Passage is located in a pit in the cavern behind the Shock Like. Players can find it at the coordinates -0228, 0711, -0028.
Here is exactly how to find it:
- From where you located the Stalnox (see above), go back into the water and head North towards the blue rocks.
- Do not go back the way you came. The Bubbulfrog is in the opposite direction.
- Break through the blue rocks, head down the path, and break through the next blue rocks.
- Turn right and head all the way up the path until you can see an Electric Like (the hanging enemy).
- Go through and defeat the Shock Like.
- Next, go behind where the Shock Like was hanging and break through the rocks.
- Head through and look down into the pit below.
- You’ll see the Bubbulfrog.