There’s a new, incredibly simple method of item duplication in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK and it outclasses all prior methods.
Tears of the Kingdom has barely released and already multiple dupe glitches have been found by Zelda fans. Unfortunately, with the 1.2.1 update, many of these exploits have been patched out.
But now there’s still one easy item duplication glitch that Zelda: TOTK players can abuse to clone their favorite materials.
It’s completely safe, relatively simple, and it’ll still leave you with an inventory full of diamonds in no time.
If you want to save time, make easy money, or protect your precious resources, here’s how to dupe items in Tears of the Kingdom:
How to Duplicate Items in Zelda: TOTK
- First, you’ll need to make sure that you have only one of the item you’re looking to duplicate.
- If you already have multiple items, see below for a method of storing the rest without them despawning!
- Then, stand on a slightly elevated surface, facing away from the ledge.
- Hold R and then Up on the D-Pad to hold the item you want to dupe.
- Then, jump (X) backwards off the ledge.
- When in the air, hold Up once more to pull up your inventory.
- Release Up and then release R a half-second afterward.
- The moment you see Link’s right arm move, hold Up on the D-Pad once more.
- It may be a few attempts until you get the timing right but you’re looking for the second Link’s arm moves to throw your item.
- Then, you’ll be able to press X to drop the item!
- After doing so, you’ll find that you’ve both thrown the item AND dropped it, effectively duplicating the material!
- Pick up just one of the items and you can repeat the process to duplicate it once again!
Note: If you’re duping a breakable object such as a Fire Fruit, you’ll want to throw it upward and use Recall to collect it – thereby preventing an explosion.
It’s important to note that Tears of the Kingdom has a limit of 21 items on the ground. Attempting to duplicate any more than that will lead to items despawning.
Thankfully, there’s a way to get around this limit and duplicate infinite items – which we cover below!
How to Dupe Infinite Items in Zelda: TOTK
By blocking the hatch of a Dispenser, players can bypass TOTK’s item limit and duplicate to their heart’s content. When pulling out the blockage, be sure to mash that A button, as the moment they fully leave the Dispenser they’ll begin to despawn!
Here’s how the process works:
- First, you’ll need to make sure you have a fan Zonai device in your inventory.
- These can be acquired from the Dispenser below Nachoyah Shrine on the south end of the Great Sky Island – which is also where we can perform this duplication trick!
- At this specific Dispenser, you can find another fan next to the minecarts nearby. Use Ultrahand to place it just to the right of the Dispenser’s hatch.
- Then, place any item in the Dispenser and it’ll spit it back out of the hatch. However, since the fan is nearby, a strange glitch will keep the hatch door open. If this doesn’t work, move the fan closer and try again.
- Next, you’ll need to block the Dispenser from the inside. To do this, you can pull out a Zonai fan from your inventory and attach it with Ultrahand to your second fan at a 45-degree angle.
- This isn’t the only way to block the pipe, but this double fan combo will allow you to easily plug up the inside of the machine. Simply rotate the fused fans toward yourself after inserting them into the hatch and you’ll plug up the machine with ease.
- You are now free to place any number of materials inside the Dispenser for safekeeping! Thanks to them not registering as being on the ground, you can stack up dozens of items inside the machine by throwing them into the tube.
- You can even build yourself a platform to dupe from, using building materials nearby – like so! Now you can duplicate right in front of the machine and store any extra items inside the Dispenser.
- Then, when you’ve repeated the duplication method above enough times, it’s time to claim your rewards.
- To do this, stand to the side of the hatch opening and use Recall on your fan blockage.
- As soon as you see your items come tumbling out, mash the A button to pick up as many as you can!
- If more than 21 fall out before you claim them, items will begin to despawn, so act fast!
And just like that, you’ve successfully duplicated all the items you could ever want, without any despawning during the process!
Use this duplication glitch to your advantage and you could easily build your own custom dream house in Tears of the Kingdom!
After all, this is now one of the fastest ways to earn money in TOTK, even beating out the Zonai Wing minigame method. We’d recommend not abusing it too hard or this game will become a breeze!