One of the handiest Purah Pad upgrades in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK is the Hero’s Path mode, which lets Link follow in his own footsteps.
Not only is the mode a handy way to relive your adventure, it’s also a great way to spot the location of secrets you forgot to mark.
To get your hands on Hero’s Path mode, however, you’ll need to have done some exploring.
How to Get Hero’s Path Mode in Tears of the Kingdom
- To get the Hero’s Path upgrade for your Purah Pad, you’ll first need to have unlocked Autobuild in TOTK.
- After that, you’ll need to follow these steps to unlock the Shrines of Light Sensor.
- At this point Robbie will reveal that the Purah Pad has three more upgrades to unlock.
- Head back to Hateno Ancient Tech Lab in Hateno Village (Coordinates: 3780, -2123, 0251).
- Then, talk to Robbie and select Hero’s Path Mode.
- Robbie will tell Link that he has to have completed 15 different Shrines of Light to be eligible for Hero’s Path.
- If you’ve completed the Shrines already, Hero’s Path mode will be installed right away! Otherwise, you’ll need to come back after finishing the Shrines.
Don’t forget that you’ll need to use a lot more blessings on Stamina than you’d think in Zelda: TOTK!
How to Use Hero’s Path Mode in Zelda: TOTK
To use Hero’s Path mode, first press ‘-‘ to open the map on your Purah Pad. Then, press X.
While in Hero’s Path mode, holding the left or right arrow will let you follow Link’s recent paths around Hyrule.
And by pressing X again, you’ll be treated to a video of your route, which can be sped up or slowed down with L and R.
To exit Hero’s Path, simply press B.