The Smiting Aspect is an Offensive Legendary in Diablo 4 that increased the Critical Strike Chance against injured enemies.
It also gives players that are Healthy (above 80% Health) an increased Crowd Control Duration.
This is great for both the Sorcerer and Rogue since many of their abilities use Crowd Control and Critical Strikes to reach maximum potential. However, getting this Aspect can be quite tricky.
How to Get Smiting Aspect in Diablo 4
The only way to get the Smiting Aspect in Diablo 4 is by extracting from a piece of Legendary Gear that already has it.
This means you’ll need to find a piece of Legendary Gear with the Smiting Aspect affix and take it to the Occultist to extract it.
- Find a piece of Legendary Gear with that Smiting Aspect affix.
- The affix is seen in orange letters next to the orange star.
- This specific affix says, “You have (10-20%) increased Critical Strike Chance against Injured enemies. While you are Healthy, you gain (20- 40%) increased Crowd Control Duration.”
- Players can find this Legendary Aspect on 1-Handed Weapons, 2-Handed Weapons, Gloves, Amulets, and Rings.
- Head to the Occultist in one of the main towns.
- The easiest one to find is the one in Kyovashad, the starting town.
- Talk to the Occultist and choose the second tab to Extract Aspect.
- Choose the Legendary Gear with the Smiting Aspect and extract it by paying the fee.
- You’ll need quite a bit of gold to extract a Legendary Aspect.
- This will add the Smiting Aspect to your Aspect Inventory.
- Speak to the Occultist again and stay in the Imprint Aspect tab.
- Choose the gear that you want to power up with the Smiting Aspect.
- Place the Smiting Aspect in the slot for “Aspect from Inventory.”
- Preview the item and confirm the procedure by choosing “Imprint Aspect.”
- Now you will have a piece of Legendary Gear with the Smiting Aspect in your inventory. Equip it to benefit from its boosts.
This a great Aspect that allows players to make the most of their Crowd Control abilities and raise their Critical Strike Chances.
What is the Smiting Aspect?
The Smiting Aspect is a Legendary Aspect that will increase the Critical Strike Chance of players against Injured enemies. It will also provide an increase to Crowd Control duration when the player is Healthy.
The Healthy status effect is only given to characters that have more than 80% health. Injured enemies will have 35% or less health.
This is why the Smiting Aspect is great for players that are looking to finish off a particularly strong boss at full force even when they reach their final stage.