If you are looking to evolve Charcadet in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you need to find Auspicious or Malicious Armor!
Continuing the tradition of version exclusives, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet feature a special evolution item for each game to make Charcadet evolve.
Depending on your game’s version, you can get Auspicious or Malicious armor and a different evolution for your Charcadet.
Here is everything you need to know to find the Malicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!
How Can I Find Malicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
You can only find the Malicious Armor in Pokemon Violet by trading ten Sinistea Chips with the Curiosities Collector NPC in the central area of Zapapico.
This item is exclusive to the Violet version of the game. For this reason, trading items with this Zapapico NPC in Pokemon Scarlet will get you the Auspicious Armor instead.
- Find the Curiosities Collector in the central area of Zapapico.
- You can quickly identify the NPC by the “Fancy a trade?” speech bubble. In Pokemon Violet, this NPC is a lady, while in Scarlet, it is a man.
- If you are playing Pokemon Violet, the collector will request ten Sinistea Fragments. Else, it asks for 10 Bronzor Fragments in Pokemon Scarlet, which gets you the Auspicious Armor instead.
- The next step is finding the ten Sinistea Chips. This one is a bit trickier, as Sinistea is mostly located in two areas of the map: Outside of Zapapico and Alfornada.
- Once you have collected the ten Sinistea Chips, return to Zapapico and talk with the Curiosities Collection NPC again.
- When asked if you want to trade the Chips for a curio with a dark past, select “Yes” with the “A” button.
- This action will complete the trade, and you will receive a set of Malicious Armor.
Can I Get the Malicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet?
No, you can not get the Malicious Armor in-game in Scarlet, as it is exclusive to Pokemon Violet. However, you can obtain the Malicious Armor via trade when receiving a Pokemon that is holding this item.
If you receive a Pokemon holding a Malicious Armor via this trading method in Scarlet, you can take the item from it:
- Open the Main Menu with the “X” button.
- Select the Pokemon holding the item with “A.”
- Choose the “Put away held item” option.
Now, you can use the Malicious Armor in your Bag to evolve a Charcadet into Ceruledge with no problem in Pokemon Scarlet.
Can I Get More Than One Malicious Armor in Pokemon Violet?
Yes, you can get as many sets of Malicious Armor in Pokemon Violet as you need as long as you bring another ten Sinistea Chips to the Curiosities Collector NPC in Zapapico.
By using this method, you can get more armor and share them with friends who have Pokemon Scarlet.
Can Pokemon Hold the Malicious Armor as an Item?
Yes, Pokemon can hold the Malicious Armor as an item in Scarlet and Violet. This can be quite handy, as you can give this item to a Pokemon and trade it with another player that only has Pokemon Scarlet.
To give the Malicious Armor as a Hold Item for one of your Pokemon:
- Press the “X” button to open the Main Menu.
- Select the “Bag” option with the “A” button.
- Use the Right D-Pad button to navigate to the “Other Items” section of your Bag. A candy icon on the upper middle section of the screen symbolizes this section.
- Browse the list of items and select the Malicious Armor.
- Now, select the “Give to Pokemon” option.
- Select the Pokemon you want to hold this item to confirm.
What Is the Malicious Armor in Scarlet & Violet?
You can use the Malicious Armor item to evolve Charcadet into Ceruledge in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. However, this evolution item is obtainable only on the Violet version of the game.
In-game, this armor is described as a peculiar armor set that can make certain Pokemon species evolve. Also, it is detailed that malicious will lurks within it.
Aside from its evolution role in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, the Malicious Armor has no other known use in the game.