Launch Pads have made a triumphant return to Fortnite and now appear across the Island in Chapter 3 Season 4.
Fans of the iconic Fortnite classic can finally rejoice, as it’s returning with a twist as Throwable Launch Pads. Since this item is not considered a Trap item, it will take one of the inventory slots available.
As well thanks to these changes, the Launch Pads now also work on the Zero Build game mode.
Players will now be able to use Launch Pads again to take to the skies and escape from pursuing foes. If you’ve never used one before, now is your chance!
Where Can You Find Launch Pads in Fortnite?
Launch Pads can be found in chests, Supply Llamas, Supply Drops, and as floor loot. You are most likely to find one in the following locations:
- Chrome Crossroads
- Rocky Reels
- Sleepy Sound
Alternatively, if you can’t find any there, then head to the best landing spots in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4. They tend to have the highest-tier loot, so you should be able to pick up a Launch Pad there.
You will find Launch Pads in stacks of 1. However, you can collect as many as you’d like!
And while you’re looking for Launch Pads across Fortnite’s chrome-covered Island, why not grab yourself the much-improved EvoChrome Shotgun and Burst Rifle?
How to Use Launch Pads in Fortnite
To use a Launch Pad, follow these instructions:
- Select the Launch Pad from your inventory
- Aim at where you want to drop it with LT/Left Mouse Button
- Throw it with RT/Right Mouse Button and it will appear
- Then simply jump onto it with X/A/Space Bar and you will be launched into the air
- Once in the air, you can redeploy your glider to cover great distances
If you’re thinking of using it in Zero Build, then be sure to pair it nicely with some of the best weapons to use in Zero Build.
Best Launch Pad Strategies in Fortnite
Launch Pads can be used in a variety of situations, such as to escape from enemies or to reach a vantage point. Here are a handful of helpful strategies you can do with a Launch Pad:
- Throw down a Launch Pad to escape!
- If you’re being pursued by your opponent, throw down a launch pad quickly to ascend into the air and skydive to safety. Just be careful not to redeploy your Glider too early, as it will make you a sitting duck!
- Use a Launch Pad to reach the best sniping spots!
- There are a ton of great sniping spots in Fortnite, including on top of balloons above the gas station near Shimmering Shrine or Tilted Towers. If you want to reach those locations easily and without using a noisy zip wire, simply put down a Launch Pad and fling yourself up to them!
- Launch your opponent into the air and shoot them down!
- If you time your throw perfectly, you can launch your opponent into the air! Simply throw down a Launch Pad just before your opponent steps onto that space, and they’ll be flung sky-high. Then all you need to do is shoot them down!
- Sneak around your opponent and take them out!
- If you spot someone running around in the distance, why not use a Launch Pad to get fly over them and attack them when they least expect it? This is especially helpful in Zero Build mode, as you can’t build over your enemies normally.
- You can also just use your Launch Pad as a handy way of getting around!
- Launch Pads are a nifty way of exploring the Island and can get you from A to B with ease. So, as long as you redeploy your Glider early on, you can cover a lot of distance quickly.
Of course, with their return, many players are going to be hunting them down. So, be sure to get yourself an Epic-tier weapon from the new Holo Chests to stand a chance.