Players will need to find the adorable, maraca-playing Korok, Hestu in order to unlock extra inventory space in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
However, finding him isn’t obvious, especially as it depends entirely on where you are in the story. Fortunately, we’ve broken down all his locations and how to unlock them.
Hestu’s First Location TOTK – Lindor’s Brow
Hestu is first located slightly Southeast of Lindor’s Brow Skyview Tower and Northwest of the New Serenne Stable. The exact coordinates are -1717, 1070, 0204.
However, it is worth noting that if you have already completed a Temple as a part of the Regional Phenomena main quest, Hestu’s first location will be Lookout Landing.
Unlocking Hestu at Lindor’s Brow requires you to complete a Side Adventure called Hestu’s Concerns. Here’s how you do it:
- Locate Hestu near Lindor’s Brow Skyview Tower
- Talk to Hestu to begin the Side Adventure Hestu’s Concerns.
- Hestu will inform you the trees are scaring him.
- Defeat the two Evermeans directly ahead of him.
- You will need to use a sword, axe, or flaming weapon to defeat them.
- Head back to Hestu, and he will thank you for beating them.
- Hestu will then ask if you want to trade 1 Korok seed to upgrade your inventory.
- You must accept in order to get Hestu to move and properly unlock him.
- He will then ask you to trade another Korok seed to upgrade your inventory.
- Again, you must accept in order to unlock him.
- Finally, he will tell you he’s moving East to a lively place.
Once Hestu leaves, he will head for Lookout Landing. His exact location there is covered in the section below.
Of course, you will need to have at least 2 Korok Seeds ready in order to complete Hestu’s Concerns. Fortunately, there are somehow even more Korok Seeds in TOTK than in BOTW!
Hestu’s Second Location TOTK – Lookout Landing
Hestu’s second location in Tears of the Kingdom is by the large tree between the Lookout Landing Mini Stable and Mubs’ clothes shop. The exact coordinates are -0227, 0060, 0018.
Players can find Hestu at Lookout Landing if they’ve already found him near Lindor’s Brow Skyview Tower or completed a Temple as a part of the Regional Phenomena main quest.
Hestu will remain at this location unless players clear the Korok Forest of its Gloom and defeat the Phantom Ganon mini-boss.
Hestu’s Third Location TOTK – Korok Forest
Hestu’s third location is inside of Korok Forest, just in front of the Deku Tree and to the left of the Musanokir Shrine. The exact coordinates are 0412, 2124, 0143.
However, to unlock this location for Hestu, you’ll first need to clear the Korok Forest of Gloom. Fortunately, we’ve prepared a whole guide on how to get to Korok Forest and save it from the Gloom.
Once you’ve unlocked Korok Forest, Hestu will immediately appear and stay there permanently. So, we highly encourage you to unlock the Musanokir Shrine, so you can teleport to him whenever you want.
It’s worth noting that Hestu will no longer be in Lookout Landing once you’ve cleared the Korok Forest. He will only appear in the Forest.