The iconic Blades of Chaos are back in God of War Ragnarok, and here’s where you can find Chaos Flames to upgrade them.
Whether you’re throwing the Leviathan Axe and freezing your enemies in place or setting them ablaze using the Blades of Chaos, Kratos’ weapons are extremely powerful.
However, they’ll need to be upgraded so you can put up a good fight with some of the tougher enemies later in the game. For the Blades of Chaos, that means you’ll need a special resource called Chaos Flame.
How to Get Chaos Flames in God of War Ragnarok
You’ll be able to get Chaos Flames, used to upgrade the Blades of Chaos, at the 6 parts in the God of War Ragnarok story listed below:
- The Quest for Tyr: Kill the Dreki
- The Reckoning: Defeat Forest Ancient
- The World of Fate: Kill Frost Phantom
- Creatures of Prophecy: Defeat the pair of Dreki
- The Summoning: Kill the Soul Eater
- Collect Chaos Sparks to craft a Chaos Flame
- You can collect these from enemies like The Hateful
If you’re wondering when you’ll reach these missions, here’s the full mission list for God of War Ragnarok.
How to Upgrade Blades of Chaos in God of War Ragnarok
Here’s how you can upgrade the Blades of Chaos in God of War Ragnarok:
- Press the touchpad and press R2 until you see the map
- On the map, hover over a yellow marker with the Anvil in them and press Triangle
- Head towards the location until you meet Brok and/or Sindri
- Go up to the table and press Circle
- Use the D-Pad to select the Blades of Chaos and hold ‘Square’ to upgrade it. You’ll spend one Chaos Flame per upgrade level
Brok and Sindri can be found in a few places around each of God of War’s Nine Realms. They’ll usually appear near World Tree gateways.
With each upgrade level of the Blades of Chaos, Kratos will have access to some new skills related to the weapon.
If you’re hoping to also upgrade the Leviathan Axe, you can find Frozen Flames in God of War Ragnarok too.
Using your upgraded Blades of Chaos will help you get the Platinum Trophy in God of War Ragnarok.