The Black River Scythe is one of the most powerful pieces of gear that players can find for the Necromancer class in Diablo 4.
However, it is a unique piece of gear, which makes it one of the more difficult pieces of equipment in Sanctuary to find. Although, it isn’t completely impossible to find.
In this guide, we’ll break down the best way to farm for the Black River Scythe in Diablo 4 in order to help players take their Necromancer build to new heights.
How to Black River in Diablo 4
Players can only get the Black River Unique Scythe as a world drop when playing World Tier 3 or 4 in Diablo 4. It is an incredibly rare item with a very low drop rate.
Here are a few tips to help you farm the Black River and ensure that you are able to get as a drop in Sanctuary:
- Farming high-tier Nightmare Dungeons.
- The higher the tier, the better the loot that you will find in these dungeons.
- Open Tortured Gift Chests during World Tier 4 Helltide Events.
- Defeat World Bosses during World Boss Events and open their cache.
- Finding Elite enemies in Dungeons and defeating them.
- Defeating Treasure Goblins.
You’ll need lots of patience, but with plenty of farming using the tips shown above, you should find yourself a Black River among all the drops in Sanctuary.
What is The Black River in Diablo 4?
The Black River is a Unique Scythe that players can obtain in Diablo 4 for the Necromancer Class with the following affix:
- Corpse Explosion consumes up to 4 additional Corpses around the initial Corpse, dealing [X]% increased damage and with a [X]% larger radius per additional Corpse.
- + Intelligence
- + Damage to Distant Enemies
- + Damage to Healthy Enemies
- + Ranks to Fueled by Death
Since it is a Unique Item, the affixes on it are always the same, and you can not remove its legendary affix to attach it to another piece of gear.
It is one of the best pieces of equipment for the Necromancer since it boosts the ability of the powerful Corpse Explosion skill.