Getting a Charcadet to evolve in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet requires you to find Auspicious or Malicious Armor!
Pokemon has always featured version exclusive mons’ since the days of Blue, Red, and Yellow. After so many years and generations, Scarlet and Violet are no exception to this rule.
In this generation, Charcadet features a version exclusive evolution that requires an armor item to evolve. The Pokemon will evolve differently depending on what armor you use on it.
Here is everything you need to know to find the Auspicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!
How Can I Find Auspicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
You can only find the Auspicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet, and to get it, you need to trade ten Bronzor Fragments with the Curiosities Collector NPC in the central area of Zapapico.
This item is version exclusive. For this reason, trading items with this Zapapico NPC in Pokemon Violet will get you the Malicious Armor instead.
- Find the Curiosities Collector in the central area of Zapapico.
- You can quickly identify the NPC by the “Fancy a trade?” speech bubble. In Pokemon Scarlet, this NPC is a man, while in Violet, it is a lady.
- If you are playing Pokemon Scarlet, the collector will request ten Bronzor Fragments. Else, it asks for 10 Sinistea Chips in Pokemon Violet, which gets you the Malicious Armor instead.
- The next step is finding the ten Bronzor Pieces. Fortunately, you can easily find this Pokemon in almost all deserts or ruins areas in Paldea.
- Once you have collected the ten Bronzor Fragments, return to Zapapico and talk with the Curiosities Collection NPC again.
- When asked if you want to trade the Fragments for an auspicious curio, select “Yes” with the “A” button.
- This action will complete the trade, and you will receive a set of Auspicious Armor.
Can I Get the Auspicious Armor in Pokemon Violet?
No, you can not get the Auspicious Armor in-game in Pokemon Violet, as it is exclusive to the Scarlet version. However, you can obtain the Auspicious Armor via trade when receiving a Pokemon that is holding this item.
If you receive a Pokemon holding an Auspicious Armor via this trading method in Violet, you can take the item from it:
- Open the Main Menu with the “X” button.
- Select the Pokemon holding the item with “A.”
- Choose the “Put away held item” option.
Now, you can use the Auspicious Armor in your Bag to evolve a Charcadet into Armarouge with no problem in Pokemon Violet.
Can I Get More Than One Auspicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet?
Yes, you can get as many sets of Auspicious Armor in Pokemon Scarlet as you need as long as you bring another ten Bronzor Fragments to the Curiosities Collector NPC in Zapapico.
Using this method, you can get more armor and share them with friends who have Pokemon Violet.
Can Pokemon Hold the Auspicious Armor as an Item?
Yes, Pokemon can hold the Auspicious Armor as an item in Scarlet and Violet. This is pretty useful as you can give this item to a Pokemon and trade it with a friend that only has Pokemon Violet.
To give the Auspicious Armor as a Hold Item for one of your Pokemon:
- Press the “X” button to open the Main Menu.
- Select the “Bag” option with the “A” button.
- Use the Right D-Pad button to navigate to the “Other Items” section of your Bag. A candy icon on the upper middle section of the screen symbolizes this section.
- Browse the list of items and select the Auspicious Armor.
- Now, select the “Give to Pokemon” option.
- Select the Pokemon you want to hold this item to confirm.
What Is the Auspicious Armor in Scarlet & Violet?
You can use the Auspicious Armor item to evolve Charcadet into Armarouge in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. This evolution item is obtainable only on the Scarlet version of the game.
In-game, this armor is described as a peculiar armor set that can make certain Pokemon species evolve. Additionally, it is detailed that auspicious wishes live with it.
Aside from its evolutionary utility, the Auspicious Armor has no other known function in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.