In MW2 and Warzone 2, a brand-new social function called “Party Queuing” enables you to join a friend’s party as soon as their match concludes.
You will wait in the hangar bay pre-match lobby until that friend finishes their game after choosing the party queue choice. You can communicate using audio and text chat while in the bay.
If you queue to join a party that does not fit the current criteria of the mode your friend is playing in, you will need to switch game modes.
For example, if you queue to join two friends playing Warzone 2 Duos, they will need to back out, as you joining their party will not allow the squad to play in the Duos mode.
How to Use Party Queuing in MW2 & Warzone 2
To use the new Party Queuing featuring in MW2 & Warzone 2, here is what you will need to do:
- Open up your friend list by hitting the “Options” button on PlayStation or the “Menu” button on Xbox. Press ESC on PC.
- Click on the “Social” tab.
- Search for the Activision ID of the friend you wish to join and select their name.
- Press “Join Game.”
- If they are not eligible to join, you will receive a pop-up saying you are in the party queue, giving you four suggestions for things to do while you wait.
- Once their game is over, you will automatically join their party.
While using Party Queuing, you can use voice chat and text chat with those in the party despite not being in their game.
Party Queuing is not the only new thing to launch in Season 2 Reloaded. Check out these MW2 game modes that have arrived in the latest update:
- What Is All or Nothing in MW2?
- What Is Drop Zone in MW2?
- What Is One in the Chamber in MW2?