MW2 Infected is reaching new heights with the introduction of Giant Infection, a larger version of the popular game mode.
This mode has one player take the role of the “infected,” whose mission is to infect every other survivor in the lobby.
Giant Infection throws all these aspects into a much larger setting, leading to a lot more chaos and enjoyment for Modern Warfare 2 players.
MW2 Giant Infected Explained
Giant Infection is a larger version of the original MW2 Infected, featuring 48 players.
In this mode, certain players are randomly chosen to spawn as the Infected and aim to kill the other Survivor players.
When the match first starts, everyone will appear as a Survivor. After a short countdown, the game will choose six random players to become Infected.
When an Infected player kills a Survivor, it will respawn as an Infected. Survivors win if they survive until the time runs out. Infected get a victory if all Survivors are turned into Infected before the time runs out.
There are a few other things players should note about the Giant Infected mode:
- Players will have a Combat Knife, Throwing Knife, and Tactical Insertion as Infected.
- As a Survivor, players will spawn with a preset loadout featuring one primary weapon, Claymores, and Stun Grenades.
- Infected players respawn with parachutes.
- After infecting half of the Survivors, the Infected will gain a UAV.
- This UAV will sweep for the remainder of the match until either the Infected or Survivors are victorious.
- Despite using a Battle Map, this mode has no vehicles players can use.
Giant Infected is just one of the many new additions to MW2 with Season 3 Reloaded.
All Giant Infection Maps
There are nine different battle maps that players can play MW2 Giant Infection on, including:
- Al Malik International
- Rohan Oil
- Santa Seña
- Sariff Bay
- Sattiq Cave Complex
- Zaya Observatory
These maps are designed to host a larger number of players and feature plenty of space for Survivors to run around and try to hide from the Infected.