The newest Warzone update has arrived - check out the full patch notes here!
Warzone players have been asking for many changes recently. Have these patch notes fixed the biggest problems in Warzone right now?
Warzone April 6 Patch Notes
- The Camo Challenges for the “R1 Shadowhunter” now appear correctly for the Geometric, Flora, and Science Camo Categories.
The April 6 Warzone update also includes a number of changes to the two most overpowered weapons in the patch notes.
- Cold War AUG
- Recoil strength has been increased.
- Burst weapons ride a fine line between inefficient and oppressive. The intent of this change is to maintain the weapon’s identity of being a powerhouse while making it a bit more difficult to wield. Right now we feel it is too easy to stay on target given how lethal it is. We will continue to monitor the performance of the Tactical Rifle Charlie and make additional changes if necessary.
Warzone players have wanted a significant nerf to the AUG for ages now, so hopefully, this update will balance the weapon.
- FFAR 1
- ADS speed has been decreased.
- The FFAR is a jack of all trades. It has the damage profile and range of an AR as well as the fire rate of an SMG. The FFAR’s wholesale efficacy has it edging out SMGs at ranges we’re not satisfied with. Ideally, the FFAR fulfills the role of a mid-range dominator while falling prey to weapons that excel in short-range engagements. We are bringing the FFAR a bit more in line with what you might expect from an AR—damage and range at the cost of handling.
The FFAR has been the most overpowered gun in Warzone for a long time, but will this nerf be enough?
The patch notes show that some weapon attachments have also been changed in the latest Warzone update.
- Rear Grip attachments that showed ADS speed pros should now properly increase ADS speed.
- Fixed a bug with the Groza where the 16.5” CMV Mil-Spec barrel would bypass damage falloff.
- Fixed a bug with the Ember Sighting Point where the XM4 and AK-47 had their ADS speed increased rather than decreased.
- Bug fixed with the Salvo Fast Mag where the FFAR 1 and M16 were not having their ADS speed decreased.
- The Pelington 703 Wrapped Suppressor effects should now be properly represented in the stat bar.
Many people thought that the Groza was the new best gun in Warzone, after the previous FFAR nerf. However, is these patch notes are accurate, the latest Warzone update may have totally changed this.
Meanwhile, Warzone players want Cold War weapons removed from the game entirely. Would this be the best way to balance the game?
Also, Warzone players are demanding wholesale fixes to the game by using the 'FIXWZ' clan tag. Hopefully, this will force Raven into releasing a huge update to fix Warzone.