After an extremely dominant season, the RPK and Fennec have finally received major nerfs to damage, range, and ADS speed in Warzone 2.
Here are all the buffs and nerfs dropping alongside the Battle Royale’s Season 2 update, helping you tune your favorite weapons for the new patch.
If you look at the Warzone 2 Kill Records for any playlist, you’ll quickly notice a trend. The RPK and Fennec are present in almost every single match.
It’s clear that having both weapons in your loadout was a little too overpowered. And now, Activision is taking steps to ensure that Warzone 2 is feeling fair for all players.
That is, if the 5 new weapons arriving in Warzone 2 & MW2 in Season 2 turn out to be balanced!
RPK Nerfs in Warzone 2 Season 2
The RPK LMG was nerfed in the following ways in Warzone 2 Season 2:
- Minor ADS Movement Speed Reduction
- Small Increase to ADS Speed
- Reduced Mid and Long-Range Damage
- Reduced Damage Ranges
Notably, the gun’s recoil has not been adjusted, meaning that the best RPK loadout will still beam players just as easily.
However, with significant nerfs to both the gun’s effective range and damage at a distance, the RPK is likely to fall out of favor for many players.
Fennec 45 Nerfs in Warzone 2 Season 2
Here’s how the Fennec 45 SMG was nerfed in Warzone 2 Season 2:
- Decreased Damage Overall
- Decreased Headshot Damage
- Added Minimum Damage Against Armor
The Fennec was too good at eliminating players before it was possible to react. With these nerfs to the SMG, its Time to Kill will fall more in line with other weapons in the category.
However, the Fennec’s range and rate of fire will still be powerful assets that can’t be overlooked. This weapon may remain popular if it can output enough damage.
All Buffs & Nerfs in Warzone 2 Season 2 Update
- M13B – Increased Mid-Range Damage & Upper Torso Damage.
- Kastov 762 – Damage Reduction & Added Long-Range Damage Falloff.
- Lachmann-556 – Increased Rate of Fire When Semi-Auto.
- M4 – Increased Rate of Fire When Semi-Auto.
- STB 556 – Fixed Bug with Single Tap Mod Magazine Attachment.
- Vaznev-9K – Reduced damage at mid-to-long range.
- Minibak – Reduced damage ranges. Lowered lower body damage at close & mid range.
- Fennec 45 – Lowered overall and headshot damage.
- Lachmann-762 – Decreased Head & Torso Damage & Recoil at Full Auto. Increased Semi Auto Damage & Rate of Fire.
- FTac Recon – Tweaked Torso Damage, Made ADS & Semi Auri Firing Faster, Increased Damage at Range, Lowered Full Auto Recoil.
- SO-14 – Increased Semi Auto Rate of Fire & Boosted Long Range Damage. Lowered Semi-Auto Headshot Damage.
- TAQ-V – Decreased Mid-Range Damage & Adjusted Body Modifier Damage.
- RPK – Reduced to ADS Movement & Lowered Damage Ranges. Reduced mid-long range damage and increased ADS time.
- RAAL MG – Increased recoil.
Read More: Best Ashika Island Weapon Loadouts in Warzone 2 Season 2
- EBR-14 – Reduced long range damage, increased upper torso damage.
- TAQ-M – Slight increase to rate of fire, increase to upper torso damage.
- Signal 50 – Reduced sprint out, movement speed. Reduced long-range damage and bullet velocity.
- X13 Auto – Reduced Akimbo Damage, Increased, lower body & close range damage. Increased damage distances.
- STRELA-P – Removed activation distance for projectile, will explode at any range.
- RPG – 7 – Minor increase to splash damage amount and range.
In addition, many weapons now have a minimum damage against armored enemies, to better balance the fact that all players spawn with 3-plate vests.
Bipods now have a reduced ADS penalty, allowing sniper fans to go prone more effectively.
Check out the full Warzone 2 & MW2 Season 2 patch notes on the Call of Duty blog!
And see what the deal is with Warzone 2’s new Dog Tag system here!