The Gulag is in for a major revamp with Warzone 2 Season 2. Warzone 2 never set off quite as well as the original Warzone, so Infinity Ward is looking to change that with Season 2.
One of the most controversial additions to Warzone 2 was the 2v2 Gulag format. This new format encouraged players to work together one way or another.
Either with your brand new teammate or a squad of 4 looking to take down the Jailer. Unfortunately, it never really gained popularity with the community.
Thankfully, Infinity Ward is ready to leave 2v2 in the past with some major updates to the Gulag in Warzone 2 Season 2.
Original Gulag Format Returns in Warzone 2 Season 2
Infinity Ward has already confirmed that the original 1v1 Gulag format returns. This also marks the return of the original capture point overtime mechanic.
Here are all of the Gulag changes coming in Warzone 2 Season 2:
- 1v1 Gulag format returns.
- The Jailer is gone. Players can no longer redeploy together with enemy players.
- When the players enter overtime, a Domination-style capture point appears. The first player to capture this point will redeploy.
- The Gulag Season 1 map will remain as the Gulag location in Season 2. Although, Infinity Ward has slightly edited it to be better suited for 1v1 confrontations.
- Dedicated 1v1 map coming in future seasons.
- Ground loot is set to return to the Gulag. Players who deploy take their ground loot with them.
- Increased cash reward for winning the Gulag. This allows the winning player to get back on their feet much quicker.
- Players can also pick up cash as ground loot in the Gulag to redeploy with even more money.
- The Weapon Pool includes Assault Rifles, SMGs, and LMGs as the Primary Weapons. Handguns remain as secondary weapons, while shotguns are removed completely.
These are all changes coming to the Gulag in Warzone 2 Season 2. Some players may miss the Jailer that allowed all four players to redeploy, but this does ensure players have their fate in their hands.
Currently, the Gulag is a 2v2 format where two random players are paired up as teammates. The players fight to defeat the other two enemy players, but they can also team up and defeat the Jailer in overtime for a chance to redeploy.
This is only one of the many changes in Warzone 2 Season 2. Although, one of the most exciting updates is probably the new Warzone 2 Resurgence Map that Infinity Ward has been teasing.