Mini Royale has arrived in Warzone 2.0 at last – here’s everything you need to know about the smaller BR game mode.
One of the biggest losses that the Warzone player base experienced with the launch of Warzone 2.0 was Rebirth Island and Fortune’s Keep.
The smaller Battle Royale maps were incredibly popular, due to their fast-paced gameplay and non-stop action. With a smaller BR, players spend less time moving around the map looting, and more time engaging the enemy.
Now, Infinity Ward is helping Resurgence fans out by giving them a close-quarters Battle Royale experience.
What Is Mini Royale in Warzone 2?
Mini Royale is a ‘tactical, condensed variant of a standard Battle Royale’, featuring fewer players but less ground to cover. The faster-paced game mode takes place on Al Mazrah, but with a much smaller arena right off the bat, putting players far closer together.
Players should expect a lot more close-quarters action, with fewer ways to utilize the zone, limited sniping opportunities, and a much shorter Battle Royale experience.
The mode is perfect for fans who don’t have the time or the inclination to play out a regular Battle Royale game. It should also scratch the itch to return to Rebirth Island and Fortune’s Keep, though the mode is still a BR, rather than a Resurgence mode.
If you’re eliminated in Mini Royale, you’ll still need to win your Gulag or get bought back at a Buy Station in order to return to the fight.
Thankfully, it looks like Rebirth Island is at least returning to Warzone in its mobile port.
Read More: Everything New in Warzone 2 Season 1 Reloaded Update
How Many Players Are in Warzone 2 Mini Royale?
Warzone 2 Mini Royale takes the total player count down from 150 players to just 54. However, since the storm has already closed in when you drop in, there’s less space for you to battle it out on.
Effectively, Mini Royale in Warzone 2 is fundamentally the same as a regular Battle Royale mode, except for the fact that it takes you right to the final few minutes of the match.
Since Assimilation is enabled in select playlists, make sure you know how to join enemy squads in Warzone!
Make sure you’ve grabbed one of Warzone 2’s best SMG loadouts to prepare yourself for the close-quarters action.
Mini Royale Tips & Tricks
- Victory in Mini Royale is earned initially by picking the best landing spot. Ensure that you’re not dropping with too many other players, but getting your hands on a Contract is key to your success.
- Pick your battles carefully. Engaging with an enemy at long range will make you a target for any squads that are likely to be far closer to you.
- Complete Contracts for some easy cash. Beggers can’t be choosers in this game mode but Safe Crackers give you the most loot for the least risk.
- Team play is more important than ever in Mini Royale. Make sure to engage the same targets and don’t get out of position.
- Be wary of Buy Stations, as enemy teams will often camp the locations and there are fewer to go toward. This is just one of the reasons why Smoke Grenades are becoming an essential carry in Warzone 2!
Lastly, you won’t want to miss this overpowered akimbo pistol loadout that is replacing SMGs in Warzone 2 right now! It’s perfect for Mini Royale!