The Gulag is back in Warzone 2.0, and players will once again be able to enter the arena for a chance to redeploy. Except for this time around, you won’t enter it alone.
The original Gulag allowed players to enter a 1v1 situation and test their skills against another playing, fighting to redeploy.
But in Warzone 2.0, you don’t have to fight alone.
How Does the Gulag Work in Warzone 2?
Warzone 2.0’s Gulag will pit four players against each other in a 2v2 battle where you start with your fists and pick up loot to defeat your opponents.
Warzone 2.0 Gulag Map & New Mechanics
The gulag map is now a live fire training complex that functions as a prison with multiple means of escape. These are some of the new mechanics for this revamped Gulag map:
- The Gulag will now be a 2v2 match instead of a 1v1 battle.
- Your teammate will be another random player from the lobby looking to redeploy.
- You begin the match empty-handed and will need to pick up loot to defeat your opponents.
- Gulag will be a place where you form a temporary alliance with another player that is also looking to redeploy. This means that, for that moment, you are allies, but once you gain redeployment, you will be enemies again on the battlefield of ‘Al Marzah,’ the new Warzone 2.0 map.
- Any loot that you pick up during your Gulag match will also be redeployed with you. This means you’ll be able to drop in with weapons and items.
How to Redeploy from Warzone 2 Gulag
There are two different ways to redeploy from the Gulag in Warzone 2.0:
- Defeat the two enemy players using your fists or loot that you find scattered around the new multilevel arena.
- Eliminate the “Jailer” and take his keys to escape the arena before the other team notices.
- The Jailer is hidden somewhere in the complex, and you need to search for them.
- Once you kill the Jailer, you’ll need to grab their key and return it back to your spawn to escape.
- When you grab the key, the enemy team will be notified that you have the keys and will try to stop you from escaping.
Now, in Warzone 2, the Gulag is not only about defeating your opponents but also about thinking about how to best set yourself up when you redeploy.