The Warzone 2 AI that nobody asked for is still here, but it’s getting a nerf yet again in Season 3 Reloaded.
Here are all the changes being made to bots in Warzone’s battle royale game mode:
All Warzone 2 Stronghold AI Nerfs in Season 3 Reloaded
When entering Strongholds, Warzone 2 players will notice that the AI combatants will be significantly weaker than they were prior to the update.
Here are all the nerfs that have been made to Stronghold AI:
- Bots will no longer have Armor Plates
- AI accuracy reduced by 27%
- Bots will only wield Kastov 762 Assault Rifles
- Equipment now limited to Frag, Semtex, and Gas Grenades (AKA no Flash or Stuns)
Bear in mind that these AI changes are only being made to Stronghold AI in Battle Royale mode. Don’t expect DMZ opponents to suddenly be much weaker too!
Although Raven Software appears unwilling to scrap the Stronghold mechanic and AI opponents completely like many fans are demanding, it’s clear that bots will no longer be a threat in-game.
After all, this isn’t the first nerf to AI we’ve seen in Warzone 2 – and it may not even be the last.
Check out all the changes in Warzone Season 3 Reloaded here!
All AI Nerfs Made in Warzone 2 So Far
In Season 1 Reloaded, Activision made the following changes to AI in Warzone 2:
- AI bullet damage decreased by 26%
- Number of AI spawning in Strongholds reduced by 50%
- The time between AI soldier waves doubled
- Number of AI soldiers per wave reduced by 30%
What’s more, Warzone 2 was initially going to feature AI patrolling around Al Mazrah at random. Thankfully, Activision ended up removing them prior to launch due to player complaints.
In DMZ mode, Infinity Ward also made changes that ‘reduced AI lethality’ in both Al Mazrah and Ashika Island back in March 2023.