There’s a new glitch in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK which grants players an unbreakable, unlimited durability bow with all the power of their strongest ranged weapon.
When Tears of the Kingdom was first revealed, plenty of longtime Zelda fans groaned at the return of weapon durability.
One of Breath of the Wild’s biggest issues, this feature causes Link’s weaponry to shatter after only a handful of uses.
Thankfully, a new glitch gives Link an unbreakable bow in Zelda: TOTK – allowing you to fire to your heart’s desire!
Zelda TOTK: How to Get Unbreakable Bow Glitch
To get an unbreakable bow in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK version 1.2.0, players need to have to first get two bows (one to make unbreakable and another of any kind). They must also have any melee weapon on them, and be near a flat wall.
Then, follow these instructions to make their ranged weapon both indestructible and invisible:
- Make sure Link is standing with his back to the flat wall.
- To test if the wall you’ve chosen will work with the unbreakable bow glitch in Zelda: TOTK, simply attempt to drop any bow. If you see the message ‘You can’t take that out here,’ your wall is flat enough for the glitch to work.
- Equip the bow that you’d like to become unbreakable. Make sure it’s equipped on your back, but not in Link’s hands (press B to stow it if necessary).
- Then, press + to open the menu, select the bow you’re holding with A, and choose Drop.
- Without leaving the inventory screen, select any other bow and equip it with A.
- Next, you’ll want to drop that bow too.
- Don’t worry, neither bow will actually leave your inventory!
- Press B to close the inventory and you’ll see the message ‘You can’t take that out here.’
- Link will now have no bow visible on his back, but you’ll still have the quiver of arrows equipped.
- Press ZR to take out a bow that is completely invisible and 100% unbreakable! This weapon will have all the stats of the first bow you equipped, but will never disappear.
- When you’re done using your unbreakable bow, you can freely equip any other from your inventory. Just make sure to use the indestructible bow trick again the next time you want to ensure your weapon doesn’t break.
Interestingly, once you’ve got your unbreakable bow to hand, you can use it to unlock the infinite double jump in Tears of the Kingdom too!
Thanks to YouTuber Suishi for discovering this glitch. You can see a full video walkthrough on how to pull it off below: