EA Sports UFC 5 is set to be revealed on September 9, but it appears plenty of new info about the game has already leaked.
A new report sheds light on the game’s release date, cover athletes, several gameplay changes, and more.
UFC 5 Release Date & Platforms Leaked
UFC 5 will be released on Friday, October 27, 2023, for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, according to a new report from Insider Gaming.
There will be no PC version, nor is the game coming to last-gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One).
UFC 5 Cover Athletes Leaked
The report also claims Alexander Volkanovski and Valentina Shevchenko will be the cover athletes for the game’s Standard Edition.
Also, Israel Adesanya will be the cover athlete for the game’s Deluxe Edition.
New Gameplay Changes
UFC 5 will feature plenty of gameplay changes including:
- New damage system
- Swelling and bruising
- Broken noses, swelled eyes, and more that can impair fighters throughout the fight
- Blood pooling on the canvas
- Now Rated M for Mature instead of T for Teen due to more realistic damage
- Doctor stoppages added
- Now uses Frostbite instead of Ignite Engine
- 30 frames per second (FPS) to 60 FPS
- More detailed characters
- Improved lighting
- Improved character graphics in-game
- New cinematic replay for knockouts
- Submission minigames removed. New system based on transitions similar to past UFC games.
- New mode: Online Career Mode
- Offline Career Mode will still be available
- Created fighters only
- Includes four divisions, can use a different character for each division
- Progression similar to ranked championships
- Earn evolution points from fighting online to improve your character
- Skill-based matchmaking
UFC 5 Pre-Order Bonuses Leaked
The following fighters are being added to the game’s roster and will be available to those who pre-order UFC 5:
- Mike Tyson
- Muhammad Ali
- Fedor Emelianenko