Last Updated on
Nearly one month since the launch of Call of Duty Modern Warfare Warzone, and the hunt to find more easter eggs is on. The majority of Warzone’s top-secret mysteries are already out in the open, but some are probably still hiding right beneath our eyes.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 easter eggs in Call of Duty Warzone.
5. Gulag isn’t where you think it is
One common misconception is that the Gulag – the place where you’ll automatically go to once you have died once to have a chance of respawning – takes place in the Prison. It doesn’t.
As pointed out by various players, it seems the Gulag is actually hiding underground in a completely different area of the map.
Some players have noticed that numerous red dots randomly appear on their Heartbeat Sensor in the middle of nowhere. Not only this, but you’ll also notice that loot sometimes appears in the Gulag. This is because players have died on top of the Gulag location, with their loot falling through.
So, where is the actual Gulag location on the Modern Warfare Battle Royale map? It seems the Gulag takes place towards the top of the map, not in the bottom right where everyone thinks.
4. Teddy Bears
Would it really be an easter egg guide without teddy bears? In just about every Call of Duty to date, you back your bottom dollar that you’ll bump into one or two.
In Call of Duty Warzone, various different stuffed teddy bears have been scattered around the map. It appears Infinity Ward has decided to chuck them in for good measure.
3. Classic Map Locations
The Call of Duty Warzone map is filled up with various never-seen-before locations, in addition to some areas that might be reminiscent to fans. Hardly any of the named locations are from past Call of Duty titles, but there’s some POIs that you’ll still recognize.
Hiding in various named POIs, you’ll probably notice several classic map locations. Let’s take a look at what these are and where you can find them.
- Killhouse: If you take a little stroll down to the Military Base, you’ll come across an outdoors training facility that is almost identical to Killhouse.
- Vacant: In addition to Modern Warfare Multiplayer, this fan-favorite Call of Duty 4 map is also a popular location in the world of Verdansk. Located in the center of Port, you’ll recognize this location as soon as you see it.
- Broadcast: Warzone includes yet another Call of Duty 4. This place is located right in the middle of TV Station, within the main building.
- Overgrown (Grandma’s House): If you’ve ever played this map, you’ll probably know what is meant by the term “Grandma’s House.” It basically refers to the house where you could climb onto, right next to the river. Anyway, as you make your way across Verdansk, there’s a good chance you’ll bump into a few of these houses.
- Scrapyard: Located towards the side of Boneyard, this will bring back some good old memories for die-hard Modern Warfare 2 fans.
2. Phones and Computers
Throughout Verdansk, there are 28 interactable phones. You can use all of these phones, but upon doing so, nothing actually seems to happen.
As for the computers, there are 16 intractable ones of these (some desktop, others are laptop). When you are in a close enough radius to one of the computers, it will prompt you to enter a password. However, it’s unclear as to what the password is or what it will unlock at this point in time.
1. Top Secret Bunkers
Verdansk has various untold mysteries, but this one is probably one of the most mind-boggling to date.
Following the release of Warzone, one thing that has sparked a little concern is the plethora of top-secret bunkers that can be discovered scattered around the map.
We’ve circled these locations below. While some have speculated loot beyond our wildest dreams, others aren’t so optimistic.