The world of Diablo 4 is overwhelming for new players, but using these tips, even a beginner can flourish in Sanctuary.
From selecting the best class to optimizing your skills and gear, we cover everything you need to dominate Sanctuary from the start.
Become the hero you’re destined to be and rise above the hordes.
15. Select the Right Class for Your Diablo 4 Playstyle
The most important decision in Diablo 4 is the class you choose to begin your adventure with. There are five different classes, each offering a unique playstyle.
- Players looking for a melee class that can tank damage and is in the middle of the hordes should look to choosing the Barbarian class.
- We have a Whirlwind Carnage Barbarian Build that can decimate large amounts of enemies while keeping you at the center of the battlefield.
- If you are more of a ranged player, the Sorcerer class may be exactly what you’re looking for. With the Sorcerer, you can set up spells with constant damage and teleport to deal with your ranged spell damage.
- Players that enjoy using status effects, traps, and long-ranged abilities will enjoy the Rogue Class’s skills.
- The Druid Class uses a combination of nature spells and transformations to subdue the demons of Sanctuary. Depending on the situation and skills unlocked, players can transform into either a Wolf or a Bear.
- Finally, the Necromancer Class is a powerful summoner that uses its abilities to summon undead allies to do its bidding. It also has a wide range of blood spells that players can use to defeat some of the more Elite foes.
14. Up the Difficulty With World Tier 2
Veteran, or World Tier 2 difficulty, will reward players with more XP for defeating enemies and completing quests. It also has better drop rates for loot.
One of the most important aspects of the Diablo franchise is building your character’s strength to tackle higher difficulties. Higher difficulties reward players with better rewards.
This is the highest difficulty players can assign at the beginning of the game. Progress through and finish the story to unlock even higher levels of difficulty.
It’s the best choice for any player looking to reach the max level quickly (Level 25) and experiment with builds.
13. Familiarize Yourself with New Mechanics in Diablo 4
Diablo 4 features a few new mechanics that players must get familiar with to bring out the best of their character. These mechanics include:
- Dodging is on a cooldown of 5 seconds.
- Potions are now limited and are replenished by potion drops, getting revived, or visiting a Health Well/Healer.
- Skills are now obtained by using skill points on a skill tree.
- Players can use Mounts. Unfortunately, they can’t be unlocked in the.
- There are now players that are not in your party roaming around. These players can defeat enemies, but they will not appear inside dungeons unless they are in your party.
- Diablo 4 will feature a battle pass with various cosmetics.
- Players can now gain rewards for completing certain activities in a specific region. To access them, bring up your World Map and interact with View Rewards on the top right.
12. Learn to Use the Shared Stash Efficiently
Players can use the stash to transfer loot between characters. This is incredibly beneficial to helping you find the right Legendary gear for each class.
Here are some tips to help you take full advantage of the Shared Stash:
- Your Stash is found inside your room in Kyovashad.
- To transfer items between characters, you’ll need to stash the loot you want to transfer into the Stash.
- Once inside the Stash, switch to the character you want to equip the item with and retrieve the item from the Stash.
- There are times you’ll receive a Legendary for a specific class. Place this item in the Stash so that you can retrieve it for the class it was intended for.
- Gems take up space in your inventory, so store them in the Stash until you need to use them or craft higher rarity ones.
11. Participate in Ashava World Boss Events
Participating in the Ashava World Boss Event will allow players to earn an incredible amount of XP and some high-tier rewards for their character.
The World Boss Event is a new addition to Diablo 4, allowing up to twelve players to face off against one devastating enemy. Ashava will spawn periodically in Sanctuary and allow players to fight it.
These battles will reward players with the following:
- Legendary Items
- Legendary Cache
However, this battle is incredibly tough. World Bosses can not be beaten alone. Players will need to know how to stagger Ashava to destroy her claw and make her more manageable.
10. Engage in Group Play for Maximum XP
Playing with a group will strengthen the hordes of demons and reward players with better loot and more XP.
Exploring dungeons with a group also gives a few other benefits, including:
- The ability to revive each other during a boss fight.
- More enemies and more XP per kill.
- Everyone in that area gets the XP whenever a player kills an enemy in your location.
- More players mean more gold and more ground that everyone can cover.
This makes exploring the dungeons less chaotic since you can get revived by a teammate rather than having to restart at your nearest checkpoint when your character is killed.
But you’ll need to know how to form a party in Diablo 4 before you can reap these benefits.
9. Get Familiar with Sanctuary & Unlock Waypoints
Diablo 4’s world, Sanctuary, is large and filled with places players can explore to earn rewards.
Players that choose to explore the lands and unlock the different Waypoints scattered around will have an easier time exploring and completing side quests.
To unlock a Waypoint, you must stand over and interact with it. It’ll unlock once you interact with it and allow you to access it from the world map.
Unlocking these Waypoints will allow you to quickly make your way through the different towns in Diablo 4.
Players can also unlock a Mount to help them navigate through towns quickly. An exclusive Mount is available to those participating in the Diablo 4 Twitch Event.
8. Master the Art of Salvaging and Crafting
In Diablo 4, players can salvage any unused gear and gain materials that they can use to craft a variety of items.
Players must visit the Blacksmith to salvage gear and choose the rarity of the items they wish to destroy. Once salvaged, the Blacksmith will display the materials acquired at the bottom.
This will ensure that your character always has the best gear and materials to upgrade your gear. It can seem overwhelming, but salvaging items is pretty easy.
Players can use these items to upgrade their weapons and armor. You should only watch your loot and build around it when you reach the max level cap.
Before you reach the max level, equip items that offer you high stats and benefit the skills you currently have equipped.
7. Roll For Legendary Items Using Obols
Players can use the Purveyor of Curiosities to trade in Obols and roll for Common, Magic, Rare, or Legendary items.
Obols are a special reward that players can obtain from Cache Rewards, Events, and Cursed Chests/Shrines in Dungeons.
These Obols can then be taken to the Purveyor of CUriosities to gamble on different items in hopes of obtaining a Legendary item.
Players can also purchase Whispering Keys here for 20 Obols to use on Silent Chests scattered around Sanctuary.
6. Complete Priority Quests for Essential Upgrades
In Diablo 4, there are Priority Quests which double as tutorials for some of the more essential upgrades and mechanics in Sanctuary.
These quests are unlocked as you level up. For instance, when you reach Level 20, you will unlock the Gem Crafting. This will allow you to craft different Gems and unsocket them from weapons.
It’s a great mechanic that helps players prioritize these quests to gain access to new upgrades quickly.
To access them, you can open your Journal by pressing the Left D-Pad on your map. Navigate to the cross symbol on your Journal, and you’ll see all the available Priority Quests.
5. Utilize the Power of Aspects and Legendary Items
One of the best ways to improve your character in Diablo 4 is to apply an Aspect to your gear so that it can give you an added Affix to your item.
An Affix is a special property that boosts your attributes or skills. These Affixes provide some of the strongest buffs in Diablo 4 and can completely change a build.
There are two ways to get Aspects:
- Complete Dungeons and unlock Aspects from your Codex of Power.
- Extract Aspects from Legendary Items with The Occultist.
An Affix is always displayed in your item’s information with a Gold Star and orange text. They will usually mention a skill name or an attribute that it is boosting.
Legendary Items automatically appear with an Affix already applied to them. Players can change this Affix by using an Aspect at The Occultist.
4. Level Up Your Weapons to Overcome The Hordes
Diablo 4 offers multiple ways that players can improve their weapons, including:
- Level up the weapon at the Blacksmith.
- The amount of times players can level up an item depends on its rarity.
- Magic Items(Blue) – 2 Upgrades Available
- Rare Items (Yellow) – 3 Upgrades Available
- Legendary Items (Orange) – 4 Upgrades Available
- Players can also apply Aspects to their weapons at The Occultist to apply unique Affixes to their weapons.
- Affixes are unique properties that boost your skills and attributes.
- Weapons with Sockets can equip Gems to grow even more powerful at the Jeweler. Gems give items unique boosts to their attributes.
3. Upgrade Your Healing Potion in Diablo 4
In Diablo 4, healing potions are limited, making it essential to maximize their potential to tackle the game’s more difficult challenges. As you venture through the world of Sanctuary, upgrading your healing potions will significantly impact your survival and effectiveness.
Upon reaching Level 10, players will unlock a Priority Quest that introduces them to the Alchemist. At the Alchemist, you can upgrade your Healing Potion based on your character level, ensuring you’re prepared for the battles ahead.
During Diablo 4, players can upgrade from Weak Healing Potion to Minor Healing Potion. Make sure to prioritize this upgrade to boost your healing capabilities and face tougher enemies with confidence.
2. Optimize Your Skill Points Allocation
Learn to optimize your skill point allocation by getting familiar with the skill tree and the advantages your armor and items give to your character.
There are a few important things to note when applying your skill points.
- Before you apply the skills, look at your armor’s attributes and see if they suit any specific skill. This is important because it allows you to make the most of your items.
- Read each attribute carefully and become familiar with the resources your class uses. Some of your most powerful abilities will require proper resource management.
- Some items give players free skill points. You don’t need to place points in these skills to use them., but it will make them more powerful.
- Each main skill can be upgraded up to five different times. If you find one skill that is your main damage form, then upgrade it properly.
1. Experiment with Different Builds and Skills
The most important and fun part of Diablo 4 is the ability to experiment with a variety of builds and skills to find the one that suits your playstyle the best.
Try out the different classes. Each one is unique and offers a rewarding experience on its own. Use different skills and try out different Legendary items.
There are many Dungeons scattered around Sanctuary that you can use to test out your builds and skills. If something doesn’t work, you can easily refund all your skill points and start from the ground up.
The key to success lies in discovering the ideal build to combat the relentless onslaught of malevolent forces.