Tommy is played by American actor Gabriel Luna in The Last of Us TV show. Fans will recognize him from his roles as Ghost Rider in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Gabriel REV-9 in Terminator: Dark Fate.
Gabriel Luna has been in 26 projects that range from Marvel TV series to short films and blockbuster films.
Gabriel Luna shares some incredible moments in The Last of Us TV show with another iconic and critically acclaimed actor from Game of Thrones.
|Born||5 December 1982|
|Spouse||Smaranda Ciceu (since 2011)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram – iamgabrielluna|
Twitter – @IamGabrielLuna
Who Is Gabriel Luna From The Last of Us?
Gabriel Luna is an American actor who has starred in a number of well-regarded and critically acclaimed TV shows.
From superheroes to Terminators, Luna has flexed his acting muscles in various roles. He has won several accolades and awards, including Best Lead Actor.
Gabriel Luna is joined by the talented actor Anna Torv, who, outside of playing another iconic character in The Last of Us, is no stranger to sci-fi shows.
Who Is Tommy in The Last of Us?
In The Last of Us, Tommy is Joel’s younger brother and Uncle to Sarah. He and Joel managed to survive together after the Outbreak devoured the earth, and Joel lost Sarah.
However, he eventually broke away from Joel, believing there was more to life than just surviving. Instead, he briefly turned to the Fireflies, who he joined.
In the 2013 The Last of Us video game, Tommy is played by Jeffrey Pierce. Pierce appears in The Last of Us TV show, albeit not as his original character but as a new character named Perry.
What Happens to Tommy in The Last of Us?
Tommy eventually leaves the Fireflies and sets up the community of Jackson with his wife, Maria. When Joel eventually finds him, Tommy agrees to take Ellie the rest of the way.
However, the plan changes and Tommy is left to defend Jackson. Later, Joel and Ellie return, living there comfortably until Joel’s death in The Last of Us Part 2.
Afterward, he begins to hunt down Joel’s killer, Abby. His journey sees him gravely injured, which, in addition to the loss of his brother, turns him into a vengeful and bitter man.
He separates from his wife and attempts to encourage Ellie to kill Abby once and for all. After a while, his pleas work, and Ellie sets off for revenge once more.
While Tommy’s fate is nearly worse than death, it doesn’t compare to the gruesome death of another beloved character in The Last of Us.
All Gabriel Luna Movies, TV Shows & More
- Fall to Grace (Film) 2005 – Kristofer Rostropovich
- Prison Break (TV Series) 2008 – Eduardo (1 episode)
- Temple Grandin (TV Movie) 2010 – Student Wit (uncredited)
- Dance with the One (Film) 2010 – Nate Hitchins
- Bernie (Film) 2011 – Kevin
- Spring Eddy (Film) 2012 – Eddy
- Touch (TV Series) 2013 – Ted (1 episode)
- NCIS: Los Angeles (TV Series) 2013 – Geology Student (1 episode)
- Intramural (Film) 2014 – Vinnie
- Matador (TV Series) 2014 – Tony Bravo (13 episodes)
- True Detective (TV Series) 2015 – Miguel Gilb (3 episodes)
- Freeheld (Film) 2015 – Quesada
- Gravy (Film) 2015 – Hector
- Wicked City (TV Series) 2015 – Paco Contreas (8 episodes)
- Transpecos (Film) 2016 – Lance Flores
- Swell (Short) 2016 – ???
- Harley and the Davidsons (TV Mini-Series) 2016 – Eddie Hasha (1 episode)
- Rosewood (TV Series) 2016 – Eddie Lunez (1 episode)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (TV Series) 2016 – 2017 – Ghost Rider/Robbie Reyes (9 episodes)
- Patti and Marina (TV Series) 2017 – Guy With Guitar (1 episode)
- Hala (Film) 2019 – Mr. Lawrence
- Dark/Web (TV Series) 2019 – Soldier (1 episode)
- Terminator: Dark Fate (Film) 2019 – Gabriel/REV-9
- Eddie & Sunny (Film) 2022 – Eddie
- Love, Death & Robots (TV Series) 2022 – Sergeant Nielson (voice) (1 episode)
- The Last of Us (TV Series) 2023 – Tommy Miller (7 episodes)
5 Facts About Gabriel Luna
He Got His Start in Theatre
Gabriel Luna started his career in theatre and would go on to win the Austin Critics Table Best Lead Actor Award in 2010 for multiple performances.
He initially starred in Romeo and Juliet as Romeo while attending St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas. He would later play Sergei Maxudov in Black Snow, the Orestes in Orestes, and Clov in Endgame.
He Has Won Two Awards
Gabriel Luna has won two awards and has been nominated for one other. He was nominated for the Teen Choice Award, Choice TV: Action Actor for his role as Ghost Rider in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
He won the Austin Critics Table Awards for Best Lead Actor for his roles in Black Snow, Orestes, and Endgame. Additionally, he won Nashville Film Festival’s award for Best Actor for his role in Transpecos.
He Founded His Own Theatre Company
As theatre acting was a big part of his early career, Gabriel Luna helped found the Paper Chairs Theatre Company in Austin, Texas.
It is actually where he met his wife, Smaranda Ciceu. She was cast in one of their plays alongside Gabriel Luna.
The Last of Us Isn’t His First HBO Project
While The Last of Us is likely Gabriel Luna’s most recognizable HBO project, he has worked on a number of shows and films for them in the past.
These include the role of Miguel Gilb in the second season of the gritty mystery show, True Detective, as well as a brief role in the TV film Temple Grandin.
He Played The Last of Us Before Joining the Show
While many of the actors in The Last of Us TV show never actually played the game before taking on the role, Gabriel Luna said he did indeed play it before joining.
Apparently, he chose to play it to get close to his character and grow to understand not only what made him so great in the first place, but why fans loved him so much.
FAQs About Gabriel Luna
Does Gabriel Luna Have Any Children?
No, Gabriel Luna does not have children at this time.
Is Gabriel Luna Married?
Yes, Gabriel Luna has been married to Smaranda Ciceu since 2011.