Tera Raid Battles are a brand new feature in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, and there are many ways to play and beat them.
Whether it’s playing online with strangers or with a friend by your side, how you play the Tera Raid Battles is up to you.
However, if you’re struggling to figure out how to play them or even win these challenging encounters, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
How to Participate in Tera Raid Battles in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
To participate in Online Tera Raid Battles, you’ll need to head to the Poke Portal menu and select the Tera Raid Battle option.
If you want to do Offline Tera Raid Battles, then you’ll need to find the Tera Raid Battle Crystals that are scattered across Paldea and interact with them using A.
For a more detailed breakdown of how to do Online Tera Raid Battles, continue reading:
- Press the X button to open up the main menu.
- Select Poke Portal.
- Scroll down and select Tera Raid Battle.
- Press the L button to connect to the internet.
- Choose which Tera Raid Battle you’d like to do.
- You can tell what type they are by the star-shaped symbol in the top right of their cards.
- Press A to select it.
- Wait to be connected.
- If you can’t connect to it, you’ll be prompted to select a new one.
- When you’ve connected, you’ll have limited time to choose the Pokemon you want to use. To do this, simply select Change Your Pokemon.
- After you’ve done that, press All ready to go! and the Tera Raid Battle will begin.
If you want to participate in Tera Raid Battles with just your friends, you’ll want to remain in Offline Mode (press L to switch between Online and Offline Mode).
Make sure to both input the same Link Code (it can be any number so long as you choose the same one), otherwise, you won’t be able to connect.
Of course, if you enjoy doing Online Tera Raid Battles with others, you should learn how to play online with friends in Scarlet and Violet so you can battle side by side across Paldea.
Where Can You Find Tera Raid Battles in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
To find Tera Raid Battles across Paldea, you’ll need to look for the star-shaped symbols on your map and head toward them. You can tag them on your map by hovering over them and pressing A.
Once you’ve reached them, you’ll notice a Crystal. Head on over to it and interact with it to commence the Tera Raid Battle.
Each symbol has a different color and Pokemon type on it, which will indicate precisely what Tera-type you’ll be up against. Keep this in mind when you decide which Tera Raid Battle you do.
How to Beat Tera Raid Battles in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
To successfully win a Tera Raid Battle, you’ll need to work closely with your team. Before the battle starts, look at what Pokemon they’re using, and select your Pokemon based on that.
Additionally, know what Pokemon you’re up against and choose a Pokemon that can counter their type. For example, if they’re a water-type, bring a grass type.
There are plenty of other tips and tricks you can use to win every Tera Raid Battle:
- You can see what Tera-type the enemy will be by checking the top right of the Tera Raid Battle card. Make sure to analyze this carefully.
- You don’t necessarily have to bring your highest-leveled Pokemon. Instead, prioritize type and look at what Pokemon your teammates are using.
- If you want a good feel for Tera Raid Battles, try an Online one first. You’ll usually get partnered up with other strong trainers, which will mean an easy win.
- If you’re hoping to avoid spoilers, don’t participate in this mode, as the other trainers can use any Pokemon, including ones you haven’t seen yet.
You may want to consider learning how to craft TMs in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet before heading into a Tera Raid Battle to give yourself the upper hand.