Target has a brand-new system for PS5 restocks which means they could have the consoles in stock in your local store on any day! Here’s what you need to know and how you can check if they’re in stock!
Buying a PS5 has been a major struggle for many gamers for what seems like forever now. Even if the console was released almost 18 months ago now, they are still extremely scarce.
Unfortunately, this scarcity will continue for a while yet as the PS5 stock shortage will last throughout 2022 and beyond.
Despite this, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting a PS5 soon.
Of course, you can sign up for PlayStation Direct email invites to PS5 restocks, however, there is no guarantee you’ll get the invitation.
Although, Target could now be the best place to buy your PS5 thanks to their new PS5 restock system that means the consoles could be in stock near you on any day!
PS5 Restocks Can Now Drop on Any Day in Target – New System Guide
The Target PS5 stock levels have been rising for weeks yet very few of these consoles actually went on sale. However, we now have an explanation for this – Target has a new system for PS5 restocks!
Target restocks expert Jake Randall has revealed that the retailer has just introduced a new system for PS5 restocks.
Similar to how Target deals with Xbox Series X restocks, the retailer will now be restocking the PS5 on a store-by-store basis. This means that a restock at your local store is possible on any day from now, as long as the particular store has received a shipment of PS5s.
However, if you want to secure your console, you’ll need to know how to check if any Target stores near you have the PS5 in stock.
Luckily, you can check every morning before Target opens, purchase your console, and then pick it up in-store later on that day. Here’s how you can do it!
Read More: How to Buy a PS5 From Target
How to Check PS5 Stock Levels in Target
There are a few easy steps you can take to check if your local Target store has the PS5 in stock:
- Go to the PS5 product listing on the Target website early in the morning.
- Sign in to your Target account and make sure your home address is correct.
- Check to see if the PS5 is in stock at various points when the inventory could be updated. You will need to check the website at different times depending on your time zone.
- 7:15 AM, 7:45 AM, 8 AM or 8:05 AM ET.
- 4:15 AM, 4:45 AM, 5 AM or 5:05 AM PT.
- Choose ‘Pickup’ and if the PS5 is in stock in any Target store within 50 miles you will be able to add it to your cart. Then you will be able to purchase it for pick up in-store later that day.
- Pro Tip: Change your address to slightly further away if you are willing to drive over 50 miles to get your PS5!
- If your local stores don’t have the PS5, be sure to check back tomorrow. Target could have the PS5 in stock any day from now on!
You’ll also need to know how to beat scalpers to secure your PS5. Otherwise, bots could snap up all of the consoles!
Meanwhile, PlayStation Plus is getting new Extra and Premium tiers. These come with some huge game libraries.
However, there is a question that all PlayStation fans are asking right now. Should you pick PS Plus Extra or Premium?
Finally, gamers could still be waiting a while longer for Sony’s new VR headset. It looks like the PS VR2 has gotten a huge delay!