The One-Winged Angel has arrived. And with him a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update. But what does version 10.1.0 include?
Final Fantasy 7 and Super Smash Bros fans can rejoice now that gaming’s biggest but most celebrated villain has made his presence known. Sephiroth is Super Smash Bro’s Ultimate’s latest fighter
If Sephiroth ruined your childhood by killing off your favourite flower seller, then knows your chance to make him pay. And yes – he does do that move. You know the one.
But along with the long sword wielding scumbag, Nintendo has released a new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate update to facilitate his arrival.
We’ve provided the patch notes in full – and they contain a lot of Final Fantasy 7 references.
Here’s What the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Provides:
Offline - The following ‘spirits’ will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu; -
- Red XIII
- Cait Sith
- The Turks & Rufus Shinra
- Bahamut ZERO
- Chocobo & Moogle
General - The following content will be downloadable and ready for use after purchase:
- Sephiroth Challenger Pack
- Barret's Outfit
- Tifa's Outfit
- Aerith's Outfit
- Chocobo Hat
- Geno Hat + Outfit
Further Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Additions:
- You cannot make video replays that contain any DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.). – You’ll need to have purchased it all to use it all.
- You can now switch between "Random from all songs" and "Random from My Music" for the Battlefield type or stage. To switch between them; access My Music via the Options or the Vault and then press the X Button on your chosen track.
- The Final Smash for Cloud's P2, P4, P6, and P8 color variations has been changed to Omnislash Ver. 5.
- Game-balance adjustments have been made to make fighters more evenly matched.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve the overall gameplay experience. This includes bugs and balance issues in the base game and from any subsequent releases.
So there you have it. Sephiroth and pals (well enemies) are here thanks to the latest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update. Here's more information from Nintendo.
It makes us wonder what Super Smash will be like on the Nintendo Switch Pro – here’s the latest on Nintendo’s mysterious console.