Starfield is finally here and ready to be played, but some players are encountering a message that reads: “We know you really want to get started, but you’ll have to wait a bit longer.”
This message appears on Xbox when the game thinks you’re trying to access it before it has officially been released. However, for people trying to play Starfield now who have Early Access, this is not the case.
If you’ve encountered this message despite the game being out now, don’t panic. Below we’ve outlined some solutions that will fix this issue for you.
How to Fix Starfield “We Know You Really Want to Get Started”
If you’ve encountered the “We know you really want to get started” message when trying to start up Starfield, then there are a few solutions you can try.
Here is every solution you can try to fix this message:
- Restart your Xbox
- It might just be that your Xbox needs to restart in order to refresh itself and realize that Starfield is now available to be played.
- Check your internet connection
- Starfield needs to connect to the internet in order to check that it’s been released. Make sure your internet connection is stable before trying again.
- Check for updates
- It might just be that you missed an update during the pre-load period. Make sure that your copy of Starfield is completely up to date.
- Wait 5 minutes
- We know it sounds simple, but sometimes waiting a little while before trying again can help. It should give Starfield enough time to realize it’s available now!
- Reinstall Starfield
- If none of the above tricks have worked, then you may need to reinstall Starfield. This is an absolute last-resort method, so make sure you’ve done the other steps multiple times before doing this!
These methods will get you playing Starfield in no time at all! Just make sure to try them multiple times as sometimes it can take a new game a little while to realize it has already been released!