The Raised Universal Trait in Starfield is one of the 3 religious Traits and sees you become a part of the Sanctum Universum religion from the start and gives you access to a unique chest.
The Raised Universal Trait’s description reads: “You grew up as a member of the Sanctum Universum. You gain access to a special chest full of items in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis.”
If you’re wondering how to access the chest you get with the Trait, or even if the Trait is worth it at all, we’ve got you covered below.
Where to Find the Sanctum Universum in Starfield
To find the Sanctum Universum in Starfield and gain access to its chest, you must head to the MAST District in New Atlantis and find the small golden building to the left.
Here are the full instructions on how to get to the Sanctum Universum:
- Travel to New Atlantis
- Take the NAT (train) to the MAST District
- Head left and keep going until you find a small building covered in gold
- This is the Sanctum Universum headquarters
Once you get there, head inside and turn left to find the chest against an office wall. It’s important to note that the chest will only spawn if you choose the Raised Universal Trait at the start.
What’s Inside the Sanctum Universum Chest
There are 7 items inside the Sanctum Universum chest, including 3 books, 2 sets of consumables, 1 drink item, and 1 piece of clothing. Here is the full list of what’s inside the chest:
- Sanctum Universum Vol. 1 (book)
- Sanctum Universum Vol. 2 (book)
- Sanctum Universum Vol. 3 (book)
- Med Pack x 6
- Heart+ x 2
- Drink Pack: Orange Juice
- Festive Neocity Poncho/Neocity Urbanwear
The important item you get from the chest is the Neocity Urbanwear, as it’s a unique piece of clothing. However, unless you like the look of it (see above), there isn’t much point going for the chest.
Is Raised Universal Trait Worth it in Starfield?
No, the Raised Universal Trait is not worth choosing in Starfield. The benefits of picking it are vastly outweighed by many of the other Traits.
While it gives you some unique dialogue with the Sanctum Universum faction, the items in the chest are not good enough to make picking this Trait worthwhile.
You would be better off picking the Kid Stuff or Dream House Trait, which gives you far better and more substantial rewards.
How to Remove Raised Universal Trait in Starfield
To remove the Raised Universal Trait in Starfield, simply follow these instructions:
- Find Keeper Aquilus in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis
- Speak to him
- Pick the dialogue option “[Raised Universal] I know I was raised in the Sanctum. But I’m not sure I believe anymore.”
- Finally, pick the dialogue option “[Remove Raised Universal Trait permanently] I’m sorry. I just don’t believe.”
If you are going to have the Trait removed, make sure to loot the chest in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis first.
Of course, it goes without saying, but you can only remove the Trait if you picked it at the start of the game.