Players have been scratching their heads wondering where the location of ECS Constant is in Starfield.
After choosing the ‘Grav Drive’ option and completing the First Contact quest over at the Paradiso resort, you can dock onto the ECS Constant and continue talking to its inhabitants.
However, after running a few errands for them, you’ll notice that the ECS constant has moved and is no longer in the Porrima system where you originally found it.
Some players have also encountered a bug that makes finding the ECS Constant extremely difficult.
Below, we’re going to cover the exact location of the ECS Constant, how to fix the location bug, and how to keep track of its movements so that you never lose it again!
Starfield: Location of the ECS Constant Bug
Some players have reported a bug where the ECS Constant quest marker is still in the Porrima system, but the ship does not appear when you travel there.
Here are a couple of Reddit users expressing their frustrations with the bug:
byu/Strange_Alfalfa3840 from discussion
Some users are reporting that they can find the ECS Constant, but can’t progress with any of the quests associated with it:
The bug seems to be due to the game not registering the Activity quest properly and not being able to accurately track the ECS Constant’s location on the Starmap as it moves around the galaxy.
Thankfully there are a few ways that you can fix the ECS Constant Location bug in Starfield.
How to Fix Location of the ECS Constant Bug – PC & Xbox
To fix the bug affecting the location of the ECS Constant on PC, you need to enter ‘prid 002031e8’ in the Console Command. Xbox players need to Grav jump to the Zelazny system, as some users are reporting that the ECS Constant will appear here and fix the bug.
Follow these steps to fix the ECS Constant location bug in Starfield using Console Commands on PC:
- Head to the quest marker location on your map for the ‘Location of the ECS Constant’ Activity quest
- On PC press the ‘ key (apostrophe on your keyboard) to bring up the Console Command menu
- Type in the the following to ‘enable’ the ECS Constant
- prid 002031e8
- Press Enter
- The ECS Constant should appear in front of you!
Unfortunately, you cannot use Console Commands on Xbox Series X|S, though some players have found a potential fix for the bug in-game.
Follow these steps to potentially fix the ECS Constant location bug on Xbox:
- Activate the ‘Location of the ECS Constant’ Activity quest in the menu
- Head to the Zelazny system
- Here’s the plotted course from Alpha Centauri to the Zelazny system in the Starmap (with a 30 LY Grav Drive):
- If it works, the ECS Constant should appear when you arrive in the system!
Though some are reporting that this method works, this isn’t a guarantee and you may still experience the bug. If so, you will have to wait for a potential bug fix from Bethesda to fix this issue on Xbox consoles.
Where is the ECS Constant in Starfield?
The ECS Constant can be located by tracking the ‘Location of the ECS Constant’ quest in your Activity log. After the First Contact quest has wrapped up, the ECS Constant will likely move to another location in the galaxy.
This is because they are looking for another habitable planet and will jump from star system to star system in their search for a suitable home.
It’s very important to note that you’ll only be able to visit the ECS constant if you chose the ‘Grav Drive’ option during the First Contact side quest in Starfield. Be sure to check out our extensive First Contact guide with all of its outcomes!
How to Find the Location of the ECS Constant in Starfield
To find the ECS Constant location in Starfield, you need to head into your Activity log, track the ‘Location of the ECS Constant’ quest, and then travel to the location in your Stamap.
Follow these steps to find the ECS Constant in Starfield:
- Head into your quest log
- Press the Menu Button on Xbox and Tab on PC
- Head to the Activities tab
- Search for the ‘Location of the ECS Constant’ Activity quest and track it
- Press ‘Set Course’ to see the location of the ECS Constant on the Starmap
- Press X on Xbox and R on PC
- Use your Grav Drive to jump to the system where the ECS Constant is located
- Make sure you have Grav Drive of at least 22 Light Years to be able to make most jumps in the game
- Do note – it will probably not be in the same place in your playthrough
- Once in the correct system, fly within 500m of the ECS Constant and board it!
While aboard the vessel, you’ll be able to initiate a few side quests that will help the denizens aboard the colony ship!