Many players are encountering an issue during the Eye of the Storm quest in Starfield where their ship keeps getting destroyed after jumping into the Bannoc system.
You’ll need to head to Bannoc IV during the Eye of the Storm Crimson Fleet faction quest, which finally sees you retrieve Kryx’s legacy once and for all.
The Bannoc system is a dangerous place to be and requires you to have a Conduction Grid module installed to shield you from the system’s deadly electromagnetic environment.
However, even with the Conduction Grid installed, many players report that their ships continue to be destroyed shortly after jumping into the Bannoc system.
Below we go over the reasons why this is happening and how to solve it so you can continue with the Eye of the Storm quest in Starfield.
How to Stop Your Ship From Being Destroyed in Eye of the Storm
To prevent your ship’s destruction in the Eye of the Storm, you must ensure you have powered up your shields before you jump to Bannoc IV.
This issue seems to be happening to players who don’t have enough ship power assigned to their ship’s shields before jumping to the Bannoc system. Your shields need to be at full health, before making the jump, to proceed.
If you don’t do this, your ship won’t have enough shield health to withstand the surrounding electromagnetic barrage. This will quickly drain your ship’s Hull health, leading to the destruction of your ship and having to restart your game from your most recent save.
Powering your ship’s shields to maximum will provide you with enough shields to endure the deadly environment in the Bannoc system.
How to Power Your Shields & Adjust Ship Power in Starfield
To power your ship’s shields in Starfield, you need to ensure you have freely available ship power and then assign power to your shields using the “Increase System Power” function.
Follow these steps to adjust ship power to your shields in Starfield:
- First, check to see if you have ship power available to assign
- You can check to see if there is any available power in the bar beneath your ship’s systems here:
- If there is no available power, reduce the power from another system
- Select the system you wish to remove power from with the “Left” or “Right” keys on PC or the “D-Pad Left” or “D-Pad Right” buttons on Xbox
- To remove power from your chosen system, press the “Down” key on PC and the “D-Pad Down” button on Xbox
- The bar beneath your ship’s systems should fill up
- When you have ship power available to assign, select your shields and power them up to full
- To add power to your shields, select them and press the “Up” key on PC and the “D-Pad Up” button on Xbox
- You’ll notice your shield health increase to 100 when your shield power is full!
You now have enough shields to travel ‘safely’ in the Bannoc system!
How to Navigate Safely Through the Bannoc System in Eye of the Storm
To navigate safely through the Bannoc system in the Eye of the Storm, make sure to put your ship thrusters at full speed and utilize your boost as much as you can.
This allows you to get to the Legacy ship as fast as possible. You also need to ensure that your shields have maximum power assigned to them.
You’ll notice your shield health slowly tick down from 100 as you navigate towards the Legacy through the electromagnetic storm:
With full shields, you should be able to endure the electromagnetic surroundings of the Bannoc system and dock safely on the Legacy ship to continue with the Eye of the Storm quest in Starfield!
After the Eye of the Storm, you shall embark on the Legacy’s End quest. Be sure to check out our guide on whether to choose the Crimson Fleet or UC Sysdef during the quest!