The Dream Home Trait in Starfield unlocks an exclusive house for the player, but with the caveat that you have to pay the bank 125,000 credits.
The description of the Dream Home Trait reads: “You own a luxurious, customizable house on a peaceful planet! Unfortunately, it comes with a 125,000 credit mortgage with Galbank that has to be paid in one sum.”
If you’ve picked this Trait, you’re likely wondering how to access this lavish home, and if you haven’t, you’re probably wondering if it’s worth it in the first place. Below, we answer both of those questions.
How to Visit Your Dream Home in Starfield
To visit your Dream Home in Starfield, you must complete the first main mission, One Small Step, go to the planet Nesoi in the Olympus System, and land at the Player’s Home landmark from the planet menu.
For a full breakdown of how to find and visit your Dream Home in Starfield, follow these instructions:
- First, complete the main mission, One Small Step.
- This ends roughly when Sarah Morgan joins your crew.
- Next, select the Dream Home side quest from your missions menu to get a waypoint.
- This side quest will appear as soon as you complete One Small Step.
- Identify the Olympus system via the Star Map.
- Travel there and then select the planet Nesoi.
- This is the planet that your Dream Home is on.
- When in orbit, select the Player Home landmark.
- Land there, and then search for a tall structure.
- Your Dream Home will be the only building here.
Once you’ve found your Dream Home, you’ll need to pay 500 credits in order to enter it. However, once you’re inside, you can start to customize it and begin thinking about paying off your mortgage!
You can see the Dream House in action in the JorRaptor video below:
How to Pay Off Your Dream Home Mortgage in Starfield
To pay off your mortgage in Starfield for your Dream Home, you’ll need to first unlock the Dream Home side quest and then head to Galbank in New Atlantis and speak to Landry Hollifeld.
For a full breakdown on how to pay off your mortgage in Starfield, follow these instructions:
- Unlock the Dream Home side quest after completing the One Small Step main quest.
- Head to Galbank in New Atlantis.
- It is southwest of The Lodge.
- Speak to Landry Hollifeld to be informed about how to pay back your loan.
- You can either pay him in full or foreclose on your house (lose it).
You will need to have the full 125,000 credits on hand if you want to pay back your mortgage to Galbank. However, don’t panic; it won’t take you long to earn that much money.
From looting as many enemies as you can through side quests and main quests, you should get enough credits to pay back your mortgage before level 10 or so.
Is the Dream Home Trait Worth it in Starfield?
Yes, the Dream Home Trait is absolutely worth it if you are interested in housing in Starfield, as you get an enormous and gorgeous home for a fraction of the price.
While 125,000 credits seem like a lot at the beginning of the game, the Dream Home is a bargain compared to other houses in Starfield, such as the 230,000 apartment in Neon.
It gives you two floors with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large kitchen with a Cooking Station, and a patio area.
It’s worth noting that until you pay the 125,000 debt, you will need to pay 500 credits each week in order to gain access to the house.
However, if you like collecting houses in Bethesda games or just want to see what all the fuss is about, then the Dream Home Trait is definitely worth it.