Splatoon 3’s Return of the Mammalians story mode is packed full of secrets to uncover including the elusive Sunken Scrolls.
If you’ve been playing through the Return of the Mammalians storyline in Splatoon 3, then there’s a good chance you may have accidentally come across a Sunken Scroll.
These mysterious scrolls that are scattered across Splatoon 3’s many regions offer up interesting tidbits of lore as well as a fun opportunity to collect more stuff.
But finding them all can be tricky, especially without a guide. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered with the location of every Sunken Scroll in Splatoon 3.
If you don’t feel ready to search for each and every Sunken Scroll, then be sure to check out the Recon Mode in Splatoon 3 to give yourself the upper hand.
- Future Utopia Island Sunken Scroll Locations
- Cozy & Safe Factory Sunken Scroll Locations
- Cryogenic Hopetown Sunken Scroll Locations
- Landfill Dreamland Sunken Scroll Locations
- Eco-Forest Treehills Sunken Scroll Locations
- Happiness Research Lab Sunken Scroll Locations
- What Are Sunken Scrolls in Splatoon 3?
Future Utopia Island Sunken Scroll Locations
- 1. To get this Sunken Scroll you’ll have to complete the balloon challenge by popping each green balloon one after the other. The scroll will appear once the last balloon is popped
- 2. Head to the East of Future Utopia Island until you find a little ledge that juts out. Shoot it to reveal the hidden scroll
- 3. You will need to pay 600 Power Eggs to clear the Ooze found North of the ‘Get to Know Alterna’ kettle. Once you do that, you’ll see the scroll hidden beneath
- 4. Very slightly South of the second scroll is a buried beacon next to a fence. Shoot it and you will reveal the scroll
Cozy & Safe Factory Sunken Scroll Locations
- 1. Head to the Northwest side – North from the Absorbency and You Kettle – and find stacked containers. Make your way over to them and shoot the crate inside the bottom one.
- 2. Go to the most Northern point. Once there, you’ll find a balcony accessible by jumping down from a platform above. Shoot the buried beacon on the balcony to reveal the Scroll.
- 3. To get this Scroll head to the East side and complete the balloon challenge accessible from the top of the Silo. Once you hit the final balloon, the Scroll will appear.
Cryogenic Hopetown Sunken Scroll Locations
- 1. Head to the North of the island and destroy the Ooze pile that rests between two orange storage containers. Once through, shoot the buried beacon to reveal the Scroll.
- 2. You’ll need to go to the two islands at the very South of the map. Use the boost ramp to get to the second island, but before using the second boost ramp, ink and jump across to get the Scroll.
- 3. Go to the East of the island and complete the first balloon challenge. In order to do this successfully, make good use of the available boost ramps to reach each balloon in time.
- 4. For this Scroll you’ll need to complete the second balloon challenge. This one will take you around the whole island, so make sure you’ve cleared all of the Ooze before attempting it.
Landfill Dreamland Sunken Scroll Locations
- 1. Go to the bridge found in the middle of the island. Shoot the smallest pile of Ooze found beneath it to reveal a buried beacon. Open it and the Scroll will appear.
- 2. You will need to go to the Ink Fast, Hotshot Kettle, and drop down to the platform on the right. Shoot the metal ground and the Scroll will be revealed.
- 3. Head to the opposite side of the bridge to the ‘Let’s Put a Pin in That’ Kettle and clear the Ooze found there. The Scroll will appear.
- 4. For this Scroll you’ll need to complete the island’s balloon challenge. You will have to go across the submarine which mostly cannot be inked. However, you can ink the very edge of it to get across quickly.
Eco-Forest Treehills Sunken Scroll Locations
- 1. Head to the South of the island in between two Kettles – Uh-Oh! Too Many Snipers! and Making Waves with Splashdowns. Clear the Ooze there and collect the Scroll.
- 2. Go to the Southeastern border of the island and head underneath a platform. You should see prism-like drawings on a wall. Shoot the ground beneath it to reveal the Scroll.
- 3. Next to the One-Way Ride through Target Town Kettle there is a balloon challenge. Complete it to get the Scroll.
- 4. Head to the beginning of the bridge before Site 4. Jump down to the left and clear the Ooze there to reveal the Scroll beneath.
- 5. Explore the area next to a green container by the A Compulsive Collector’s Paradise Kettle. Smallfry will alert you to a hidden beacon. Shoot it and the Scroll will appear.
Happiness Research Lab Sunken Scroll Locations
- 1. Grind along the Paint Rails until you reach the South East side of the island. Once there you’ll discover a crate. Shoot it and the Scroll will appear.
- 2. Head from the previous scroll across the nearby bridge until you find a pile of Ooze. Destroy it to reveal the Scroll beneath.
- 3. Go to the Westernmost island and find a pile of Ooze. Destroy it to get the Scroll hidden within.
- 4. You’ll need to complete the final balloon challenge. In order to do this efficiently, make sure you’ve activated all of the paint rails.
What Are Sunken Scrolls in Splatoon 3?
Sunken Scrolls are collectibles scattered across the world of Splatoon 3 that contain information about the game’s lore and characters.
Together, they create a book full of fascinating tidbits and art about Splatoon 3’s Splatlands and the people that reside within them.
They’re beautifully detailed and well worth collecting, even if it adds extra hours to your overall runtime.
How to Access Your Sunken Scrolls in Splatoon 3
To access the Sunken Scrolls you’ve collected in Splatoon 3 you will need to head to your Archive tab during the Return of the Mammalians story mode. To do this, simply follow these instructions:
- Open your menu with X
- Press the R button until you reach the Archive section
- Go to the Sunken Scrolls option
- Press A to access it
Of course, if collecting all of the Sunken Scrolls isn’t enough content for you, then you can always try leveling up your Catalog to unlock exclusive gear!
Alternatively, if you enjoyed finding all of the Sunken Scrolls across the game, why not give the exciting card-based Tableturf mode a try and collect new cards to defeat your opponents?