Spear Pillar is one of the most prominent landmarks on Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
As you progress through the story of these games, you will soon discover the importance of Spear Pillar.
One of the main battles of the game takes place here. In addition to this, you will find a legendary Pokemon at this location.
Getting to Spear Pillar surely takes some time on Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Here is the quickest and simplest route to get to this iconic location.
Best Route to Get to Spear Pillar in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Spear Pillar is one of the locations you will visit at the latter half of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Firstly, you will need to reach Celestic Town. Learn how to get to Celestic Town in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl here.
From there, this is the quickest and simplest route to get to Spear Pillar.
1. Get to Canalave City
To get to Canalave City, you will need to follow these steps from Celestic Town.
- As soon as you arrive to Celestic Town go to the Pokemon Center and heal your party.
- Right after you leave the Pokemon Center go to the entrance of the ruins, there you will have to battle a Galactic Grunt that wants to blow up the town.
- After defeating him, go inside the ruins. Here, The Elder of Celestic Town will give you Surf TM95 after checking the mural in the back of the cave.
- After getting Surf, use Fly and go to Hearthome City.
- Challenge Gym Leader Fantina at Heathome City and get the Relic Badge. From this point on, you will be able to use Surf outside battle.
- Go to the Pokemon Center and heal your party. After this, Fly to Jubilife City.
- From there, leave Jubilife City through the northwest exit towards Route 218.
- Continue traveling west on Route 218 and then use Surf on the boardwalk facing north.
- From this point just keep heading west until you reach Canalave City.
2. Head to Valor Lakefront
From Canalave City, your next destination will be Valor Lakefront.
- As soon as get to Canalave City, head west to face your rival. Defeat it and head to the Pokemon Center to heal your party.
- You can now challenge gym leader Byron at Canalave City. Defeat him to get the Mine Badge. Once you get the Mine Badge you will also be able to use Strength outside battle.
- Right after you exit the gym, your rival will ask you to go to the Canalave Library. Head there and go to the third floor. You will meet there with your rival, Professor Rowan, and Lucas/Dawn.
- After this encounter, you will be prompted to go to Valor Lakefront. Fly to Veilstone City and travel south through Route 214 until you reach the Valor Lakefront.
- As soon as you get there, you will see the two men guarding the entrance to Lake Valor are no longer there. Take that road, defeat all Galactic Grunts and follow the path until you reach Valor Cavern.
- Here, you will challenge Commander Saturn to battle.
- After you defeat him, Fly to Twinleaf Town.
From this point on, your next destination will be Lake Verity.
3. Go to Lake Verity and Snowpoint City
Getting to Snowpoint City is one of the most challenging segments of the game. To get there, just follow these steps:
- From Twinleaf Town, travel nort to Route 101. From there, head west until you reach the entrance to Verity Lakefront.
- Travel north in Verity Lakefront, defeating all the Galactic Grunts until you reach Commander Mars.
- After defeating Commander Mars, heal your Pokemon and fly to Celestic Town.
- From this point, you will be facing one of the hardest segments of the game. Make sure you have enough medicine stocked in your bag and that your Pokemon are at least on LVL 35 or above.
- Once you are ready, exit Celestic Town through the western path and continue traveling on Route 211 until you reach Mt. Coronet.
- As soon as you enter Mt. Coronet, head north. You will find a path going down, once you enter it you will find yourself in subterrenean path covered in fog. Use Defog and continue heading north through this path. Eventually, you will reach Route 216.
- Travel northwest through Route 216, and then head north towards Route 217.
- Once you are in Route 217 as you travel north you will find a house on the nortwest side of this route. Enter this house and talk to the hiker inside. After this, search outside the north east section of the house to find Rock Climb TM100. This is necessary to continue your path later on.
- Continue traveling north on Route 217 until you reach Acuity Lakefront. From there, travel east until you reach Snowpoint City.
Before moving to your next destination, you will need to follow some steps here on Snowpoint City.
4. How to Get to Lake Acuity
Once you arrive at Snowpoint City, follow these steps:
- Heal your party at the Pokemon Center.
- Challange Gym Leader Candice at the Snowpoint City Gym. After you defeat her, you will be able to use Rock Climb outside battle.
- Now that you have defeated her, leave the city and backtrack to Acuity Lakefront.
- From there, take the path heading north. This path should now be free to explore.
- You should now be at Lake Acuity. Here, you will see that your rival was not able to protect Uxie from Commander Jupiter. Your rival will leave and Commander Jupiter will reveal your next location, the Galactic HQ in Veilstone City.
5. How to Get to Galactic HQ
To get through Galactic HQ, follow these instructions:
- Fly form Lake Acuity to Veilstone City.
- There, you will find the Galactic HQ. Talk to the Galactic Grunt outside the building, he will drop the Storage Key for you.
- Once you have the Storage Key, head to the Galactic Warehouse. This building is located north from the Veilstone Department Store.
- Go inside and use the Storage Key to gain access to the facility.
- Investigate the facility, eventually you will get the Galactic Key.
- Once you have the key, go to the Galactic HQ once again. It is recommended that you heal your Pokemon as you will face many Galactic Grunts soon.
- Enter through the middle door of the building and use the Galactic Key to unlock the sliding door inside.
- As you progress through the building you will encounter Galactic Boss Cyrus, after defeating him he will give you the Master Ball. After defeating Cyrus, you will face Commander Saturn. After his defeat, you will free Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.
Now you should have cleared the Galactic HQ. Your next stop is Mt. Coronet, the last step before reaching Spear Pillar.
Interested in catching the Lake Guardians? How to Catch Azelf in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
6. Getting to Spear Pillar
This is one of the toughest segments of the game. Before proceeding, stock on medicine items and make sure your Pokemon are at least on LVL 40.
- From Veilstone City, or wherever you are, Fly to Oreburgh City. From there, head north towards Route 207. Then, head east to enter Mt. Coronet.
- As soon as you enter Mt. Coronet, surf across the pond facing north. Continue traveling north through this path.
- From this point on, just continue the path going up. This path has many Galactic Grunt, so be prepared.
Once you reach the summit of Mt. Coronet, you should be at Spear Pillar!
The next major sidequest in Pokemon BDSP is catching the three Lake Guardians.
You can start by catching Uxie, here is everything you need to know to catch Uxie in Pokemon BDSP.