Splatoon 3 has a very special Sheldon Drone that you need to unlock ASAP – here’s everything you need to know about the Shel-Drone.
Splatoon players might know Sheldon as the talkative individual who runs the Splatsville weapon store. But not only does the weapons-dealer help deck you out for multiplayer action, but it’s a little-known fact that he’ll also help you out in the story mode.
That said, you’ve got a lot of work to do before the shopkeeper comes and offers you some bonus rewards.
How to Get the Sheldon Drone in Splatoon 3
To find the Shel-Drone in Splatoon 3, follow these steps:
- You’ll first need to complete the game’s Hero Mode campaign, and explore 100% of Alterna.
- This includes collecting every item from around the Splatoon 3 Story mode map and uncovering every bit of the map. If you see areas like the ones highlighted below, you need to head to them and set foot on them to uncover that area!
- Go and talk to Agent 2 in the Squid Sisters Camp, and she’ll congratulate you on surveying all sites. Plus, you’ll have some map stickers sent to your terminal.
- Only after this will the rare drone come to visit with some exciting drops up for grabs
While you’re checking out Alterna, don’t forget to find the secret kettle in Splatoon 3!
Once unlocked, the Sheldon Drone will arrive next to the Squid Sisters Camp in Future Utopia Island, the first site players visit after the Return of the Mammalians campaign tutorial.
How to Use the Shel-Drone
To use the Shel-Drone, simply interact with it with A and select ‘Start It Up!’ The drone will charge you 999 Power Eggs and can only be used once a day.
After taking your Power Eggs, the Shel-Drone will fly away and search Alterna for goodies to bring back.
All Shel-Drone Rewards
The Shel-Drone will always bring back a rare item of some sort, including:
- Locker Decorations,
- Tableturf Battle Cards,
- Ability Chunks,
- Meal Tickets,
- 10,000 coins,
Although this is a great way to get some easy cash, we’ve got a faster way to earn money in Splatoon 3 with no waiting required!
How to Get Your Sheldon Drone Rewards
- To receive your goodies from the Shel-Drone, simply wait until the day after you sent it away, and go to the Lobby.
- Next to where you start your multiplayer matches, check out the Lobby Terminal with A and select ‘Get Stuff’.
Don’t forget that you can use the Shel-Drone once a day, so come back every day to grab some bonus rewards.
But there are some rewards you can only get your hands on one way! Here’s how to get some exclusive gear using the Splatoon 3 SplatNet!
And be sure to use the 4 best weapons in Splatoon 3 when you’re hopping into online matchmaking.
Thursday 6th of October 2022
I am pulling my hair out trying to resolve all the “Parts Unknown” black squares in 04 Landfill Dreamland. The last remaining ones are on the boat but I’ve painted everything. Any ideas? Thanks!
Friday 6th of January 2023
Solve the green areas of interest you see in map mode. There‘s something to be found! Find it :) This really works. Once you need to jump from a tower onto some big box (area 5?). Watch Small Fry.
Friday 9th of December 2022
I also have an issue. I have uncovers the whole map and got the sticker, but the drone still hasn't appeared!
Friday 28th of October 2022
@GG, there’s an option in the map that says “kettle display” click it, the part unknown may be behind a tea kettle
Thursday 6th of October 2022
@GG, you may have to walk around all over it since painting won’t do anything to unlock it just walk everywhere thats walkable