Fortnite Battle Royale Server Status
Fortnite: Issues: Degraded Performance
Website & Forums: OPERATIONAL
Fortnite Game: Issues: Degraded Performance
Parties, Friends & Messaging: OPERATIONAL
Voice Chat: OPERATIONAL
Stats & Leaderboards: OPERATIONAL
Fortnite Store: OPERATIONAL
Server Issues Reported Today: No server issues or errors today.
Fed through every minute (requires refresh)
Server Status coverage for platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC, Android, Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS and Mac. This server monitor regularly checks whether the Fortnite Battle Royale servers are down or online. Please note, in many cases the servers go down for maintenance and to prepare for updates. For LIVE updates follow us on Twitter.
Why are the Fortnite servers down?
If the servers are down, sit tight and ride it out. Epic Games will be aware about these issues almost instantly. If it’s not scheduled maintenance to prepare for updates then the time they’re down for could be quite open ended.
Fortnite Server Lag
Fortnite Battle Royale is known for being a smooth game with great hit detection and high FPS. However, there are increasing reports of issues with Fortnite Server Lag.
- Check your PC hardware is up to scratch, this can affect your FPS which will feel like lag. The recommended system requirements are Core i5 2.8Ghz, 8GB memory, Nvidia GTX 970 / AMD R9 390 or above GPU, 20GB Storage & Windows 10 64-bit.
- Check your internet speed with an internet speed checker. Generally you want at least 3MBPS download speed, however this is still low with most speeds in the UK reaching at least 60MBPS.
- Reset your router. This can be a simple but effective remedy, especially if you haven’t reset it in a long while. It can also help matchmaking and NAT type.
- Change matchmaking server. Preferably choose the one you’re closest to but you can mix it up and test which is best.
- Restart your console. This is particularly useful when servers are down or updates have dropped.
- Try not to throttle your bandwidth. Don’t download large files or stream high quality movies while playing. The Playstation throttles bandwidth when things are downloading in the background.
Common Fortnite Error Messages
Nintendo Switch Error causing the game to crash upon launch.
Error Code: 2002-2060 The software closed because an error occured
Fortnite V-Bucks Purchase Error Message
Whoops! We were unable to complete your purchase at this time.
Fortnite Party Error Message
Whoops! Party failed to connect (player.party_connect_timeout.201)
Fortnite Ban Message – This is sometimes a serious issue but many times it will resolve itself upon restarting. If you haven’t violated their terms it should be fine.
We hit a roadblock – You were removed from the match due to internet lag, your IP or machine, VPN usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilizing VPN or proxy services while attempting to play Fortnite.
Fortnite Error Code 20006
Couldn’t start the game. Error code: 20006 (Cannot create service (StartService failed: 193))
This is a common AntiCheat error which has been appearing for many users and although not officially confirmed, there seems to be a relatively easy fix.
- Open up File explorer and choose “This PC”
- Choose the hard drive where the game is saved.
- Program Files > Epic Games > Fortnite > Fortnite Game
- Binaries > Win64
- Open up EasyAntiCheat
- Start EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe
- Select Fortnite
- Click Repair Service
New messages will be added here as we see them or as we’re made aware of them.