Lots of players are finding a Rusted Key in their inventory after completing the Belfry Zakara dungeon in Diablo 4. But what does it do?
It turns out, this is a common bug that causes the key to remain in your inventory, long after the dungeon has been completed.
Below, we’re going to go over what the Rusted Key does in Diablo 4, where you can find it, and how to use it.
What is the Rusted Key in Diablo 4?
The Rusted Key is an area item, bound to the Belfry Zakara dungeon in Diablo 4. It is needed to open a locked door in order to progress to fight the boss in the final area of the dungeon.
However, there is a common bug where the key drops after the completion of the dungeon and remains in your inventory indefinitely.
Some Reddit users are seeing the Rusted Key drop within the Belfry Dungeon itself, while others are seeing it spawn in Kyovoshad when they change World Tiers.
This is confusing players, as many are not sure what to do with the Rusted Key in Diablo 4.
How to Use the Rusted Key in Diablo 4?
You need to use the Rusted Key to access the final boss room of the Belfry Zakara dungeon.
Its primary purpose is to unlock the final door needed to access the boss arena in the Belfry Zakara dungeon. It can be found by defeating the Anchorbound Chaplain Elite enemy.
However, many players have reported that they still have the Rusted Key in their inventory after defeating the final boss and completing the dungeon.
This is a known bug that many players have been facing. If you have already completed the dungeon, the Rusted Key will no longer serve a purpose. In this instance, you do not need to do anything with the Rusted Key.
Where to Find the Rusted Key in Diablo 4
You can find the Rusted Key in the Belfry Zakara dungeon, which is located in the Rotspill Delta area of the Hawezar region.
You will find it to the north of the Backwater Waypoint:
Belfry Zakara Dungeon Guide:
Follow these steps to complete the Belfry Zakara dungeon:
- Destroy the Drowned Bells
- Fight your way to the Drowned Bells, defeating the wave of enemies and Elites that spawn around them
- Travel to the Salt Scarred Marbles
- Slay the Anchorbound Chaplain and collect the Rusted Key
- Defeat the Anchorbound Chaplain Elite enemy
- He will drop the Rusted Key item
- Use the Rusted Key to open the Locked Door
- You will come across a locked door at the end of the dungeon – the Rusted Key will unlock it
- Defeat the Drowned Seahag
- Be wary of the Drowned Sehag’s summoned minions – Crowd Control works well here
- Avoid the hazardous areas on the ground – they will slow you down significantly
- Dodge the Drowned Seahag’s wave attacks
Completing the Belfry Zakara dungeon for the first time will also reward you with the Aspect of the Ursine Horror – a powerful Legendary Aspect that buffs the Druid’s Pulverize ability.