If you’ve made a purchase you regret or if you’ve bought something by mistake, here’s how to refund purchases in Fortnite:
Fortnite has a lot of enticing items for sale in its Item Shop, but sometimes it’s a little too easy to make an impulse buy.
Or perhaps you accidentally purchased something that you weren’t meant to, and you’re hoping to reverse the charge. Thankfully, there is a way to get a refund for Fortnite purchases, and it’s quick and easy to do.
Here’s everything you need to know:
How to Get a Refund for Fortnite Purchases
- Firstly, if you’ve literally just purchased an item by mistake, you’re able to immediately hit Cancel Purchase straight from the item screen itself.
- Otherwise, to get a refund for a past purchase, head to the Fortnite lobby.
- Press Menu/Options, or just click on the icon in the top left corner.
- Scroll down to the Settings gear then select Support and Refunds.
- Hit Return or Cancel Purchase.
- From here, all of your purchases made with V-Bucks within the last 30 days will be visible.
- Find the items you want to refund and press Use Return Ticket to immediately be granted a refund!
What Is Eligible for a Refund in Fortnite?
All items purchased with V-Bucks, Fortnite’s in-game currency, are eligible for a refund so long as they’re purchased within 30 days.
In addition, all purchases made can be refunded without a Return Ticket so long as your account has not equipped or used the item during gameplay.
Equipping the item in the lobby is fine, but after you take it into a match of any kind, you’ll need to make use of a Return Ticket to get your V-Bucks back.
Some items are also eligible for a return without a ticket, such as the top listing in the image below. This is usually because Epic Games has made changes to the item in question and players have a right to return the cosmetic if they’re no longer happy with it.
How to Get Return Tickets in Fortnite
To get your hands on more Return Tickets, the only thing you can do is wait. A Return Ticket will be given to players 365 days after their last ticket was received.
That means that all players get one free return per year. If you don’t use it, however, up to 3 Return Tickets can be acquired and held for later use.
There are no other ways to purchase or acquire additional Return Tickets in Fortnite.
How to Refund Fortnite Purchases Made With Money
If you’ve purchased something from the Fortnite Item Shop that used real money, rather than V-Bucks, you must seek a refund through your respective platform’s store.
- Nintendo Refunds
- PlayStation Refunds
- Xbox Refunds
- Windows 10 Refunds
- Steam Refunds
- Samsung Galaxy Refund
Epic Games is not able to offer refunds on real money purchases, nor can it guarantee you’ll have your refund processed.