Many players are reporting that Warzone 2 is asking them to Purchase MW2 to gain access to everything. This is happening to players that have already spent hours in Warzone 2.
Warzone 2 is launching with its fair share of issues, but the Purchase MW2 issue seems to be one of the most serious yet. It completely locks you out of Warzone 2 and requests that you purchase Modern Warfare 2 to gain access.
Here is everything we know and what other players are saying.
Purchase MW2 to Have Access to Warzone 2 – Error Message Fix
Players that try to play Warzone 2 without MW2 but are shown an error message stating it is “Not Available. Purchase Modern Warfare 2 to have access to everything” can still enter a match by joining a friend who owns the game once they have already started to search for a match.
- Head to your “Social” tab by pressing the Right Stick on your controller.
- Press R1/RB to see a list of your friends.
- Find the name of your friend who you are doing this fix with.
- Have the friend who owns MW2 start searching for a Warzone 2 match.
- Select their account name.
- From the list of options choose “Join Game.”
- This will put you in their party and allow you to start a Warzone 2 match with them.
This error is only affecting players who do not own MW2. It is preventing players from being able to enter the queue for Warzone 2.
Even players who bought the Battle Pass for Warzone 2 are seeing this error pop up.
You’ll still have access to the lobby, but when you try to queue up for a match, the error will pop up. You can see it in action in the video below.
Infinity Ward has yet to comment on the issue, and they have not acknowledged it on their Warzone 2 Trello Board. If they start working on a fix, they’ll report it on their Trello before it goes live.
This isn’t the only issue plaguing Warzone 2. Here is a list of other issues and any fixes that we have found: