Signing up to the PS5 Beta Program is a way in which selected participants can experience brand-new system updates before they are released to all players.
It’s Sony’s way of trialing out new features out in the field to improve the PS5 console experience.
Signing up for it doesn’t guarantee your place on the Beta Program, but if you’re selected, you’ll get the opportunity to give valuable feedback to Sony before it’s rolled out to the masses.
We detail below the step-by-step process on how to sign up for the PS5 Beta Program and the benefits and potential downsides of doing so.
How to Sign Up for the PS5 Beta Program
To sign up for the PS5 Beta Program you must register on the official PS5 Beta Program registration page. You then have to wait to receive an email invitation from Sony to take part in the Program – there is no guarantee that you’ll be selected.
To sign up for the PS5 Beta Program, follow the step-by-step guide below:
- Head to the PS5 Beta Program sign-up page
- Click the “Register Now” button at the top of the page
- This will take you to the “Register Now” section with more information
- Read the “Register Now” section to see if you are eligible to take part
- Pay close attention to the list of eligible regions or countries
- Scroll down to the “Sign In” button at the bottom of the page and click it
- You’ll need to sign in to an existing PSN account or create a new one
- Sign in using your PSN account email address and password
- This will take you back to the “Register Now” page
- You should see your profile in the top right of the screen
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the checkbox to agree to the sign-up terms
- Click “Submit” to register for the PS5 Beta Program
PS5 Beta Program Requirements
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for an invitation from Sony:
- You must be aged 18 years or older
- You must be located in one of the following regions or countries: United States, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, France, Germany
- You must have a valid PSN account in good standing with a current email address
- You must submit complete and accurate feedback to Sony Interactive Entertainment (“SIE”) about your use of the beta software in the manner and format requested by SIE
Meeting all of the above requirements still does not guarantee your selection for the Beta Program. Make sure to check your emails in case you are selected – good luck!
Should You Sign Up for the PS5 Beta Program?
The PS5 Beta Program offers users a variety of useful new features and additions ahead of the curve. Despite this, you may want to hold off on becoming a beta tester as it may not give you a very stable experience.
If you’re someone who loves to tinker and get into the nitty gritty of your gaming hardware then the PS5 Beta Program may just be for you.
It offers players a variety of exciting and much-anticipated new features that they get to experience before anyone else.
On the other hand, as a Beta Program, it has not been thoroughly tested and may have errors and stability issues. This can be frustrating for some players.
You are also expected to send feedback based on your experience, which is something to also take into consideration.