A pro player for Call of Duty has revealed that Warzone 2 will not feature the slide canceling mechanic as well as a few more details on the map.
Activision announced Warzone 2 earlier this year, but there hasn’t been much information. The current focus is likely on the Modern Warfare 2 launch.
But a pro player has finally confirmed they’ve seen Warzone 2 in action and have given us a few details regarding what to expect.
Warzone 2 Will Not Have Slide Canceling According to Pro Player
Pro player Metaphor has confirmed that he has seen Warzone 2 gameplay and that it 100% does not feature slide canceling.
Metaphor revealed this in a conversation with his followers on Twitter. This confirms many of the reports that we’ve seen from other sources stating that slide canceling would not be in MW2 or Warzone 2.
He also went on to elaborate on a few more things, including:
- Warzone 2 map is incredibly detailed and visually appealing.
- He mentioned the new DMZ mode and how its visuals matched with Warzone 2.
- The map looks like a mix of Black Ops 4’s Blackout and the current Caldera map.
- Movement is more grounded and reminiscent of Call of Duty 4.
- The recoil shown in the official trailers doesn’t sync up with the recoil he has seen in-game.
Read More: CoD: Warzone 2 Release Date Leaked
This means that any cosmetics and blueprints from the original Warzone will not transfer over. Players who pre-order Modern Warfare 2 can use the bonuses they receive in Warzone 2.
Players can also obtain early access to the Modern Warfare 2 campaign to get a taste of what Warzone 2 will offer and what the map might look like.