Fans will be able to pre-load the Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Season 2 update by booting up their console and selecting Check for Update when hovering over MW2.
Steam and Battle.net users can also check if any updates are available for the title, ensuring that Season 2 is downloaded and ready to play the moment it goes live.
Here’s when you’ll be able to pre-load the Season 2 update – as well as a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
When Can You Pre-Load Warzone 2 & MW2 Season 2?
The Warzone 2 & MW2 Season 2 update should be available to pre-load on February 14, one day before the new season goes live. This should give players more than enough time to install the new update before it kicks off.
However, Season 1 Reloaded’s pre-load went live only a handful of hours before the mid-season update dropped. As soon as an official time gets revealed, we’ll update this article with the new information.
You won’t want to miss out on pre-loading this one, so you can drop into the new Warzone 2 Resurgence map as soon as it launches!
Plus don’t miss our first leak of the supposedly Japan-themed Season 2 update with a returning fan-favorite map!
Here’s how to pre-load the major update on all platforms:
How to Pre-Load on PS4 / PS5
- From the PlayStation home screen, find the Modern Warfare 2 icon
- Press Options on the DualSense controller
- Select Check for Update
- If a pre-load is available, the game will automatically download it
How to Pre-Load on Xbox
- From the Xbox home screen, select My Games & Apps
- Scroll over to the Modern Warfare 2 icon
- Press Menu on the Xbox controller
- Select Manage Game and Add-ons
- Choose Updates
- If a pre-load is available, the game should automatically download it
How to Pre-Load on Steam
- Open Steam
- Head to Library
- Find Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- Right-click on the game’s name and select Properties
- From the Updates menu, make sure Automatic Updates is set to ‘Always keep this game updated‘
How to Pre-Load on Battle.net
- Open Battle.net Launcher
- Find Modern Warfare 2 from your Games list
- Click the Options gear next to the blue play button in the bottom left
- Select Check for Updates
One new leak suggests that Plunder is coming to Warzone 2 very soon – could this be a Season 2 game mode?