The Call of Duty Vanguard Open Beta begins today, but some users are finding it hard to pre-load the game on PC.
It’s finally time for other platforms to experience the Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta! Previously, the upcoming WW2 shooter has only been available on PlayStation platforms – until today!
As we attempt to recover from the recent Battlefield 2042 delay, it’s time to return to Activision’s popular FPS franchise once more. Last weekend, we got hands-on with the new Call of Duty for ourselves, and we made some interesting discoveries.
First and perhaps most importantly, the Vanguard Beta is unplayable on PS4 consoles due to huge blur issues. It’s clear that the game is a next-gen title, and Xbox One and low-end PC users may struggle with the upcoming Beta.
How to Pre-Load Vanguard Beta on Battlenet
If you’re looking to pre-load Call of Duty Vanguard’s Open Beta on PC, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- First, be sure that your device meets the Vanguard PC Beta system requirements.
- If you have an Early Access code for pre-ordering Vanguard (or you were given a free Vanguard Beta code), head to this link to redeem it.
- There, select your platform to be granted a code for the Vanguard Beta.
- Open the Battle.net launcher on your PC.
- Select Shop, then open the top right menu.
- Choose ‘Add Pre-Paid Card’ and paste your new code in there.
- Return to the Games menu, and find Call of Duty Vanguard.
- Then, above the Install button in the bottom left, click the drop-down menu and select Beta.
- Voila! You’re able to pre-load the Vanguard Beta on PC! Here’s when the Vanguard Open Beta will go live.
If you’ve pre-ordered the digital edition of Vanguard through Battle.net, expect an easier experience!
Let’s hope that Sledgehammer Games has been hard at work fixing Vanguard’s issues since the last Beta. The developer did claim to be working on a fix for Vanguard’s terrible visibility.
On top of that, players were complaining about Vanguard’s audio being too quiet. These are both features that can certainly be tweaked before launch day.
But will Vanguard get rid of this overpowered Field Upgrade after fan outcry? Only time will tell.