We’ve got new patch notes for Pokemon Unite’s August 18 update and the MOBA is certainly shaking things up.
It’s only been 2 weeks since Pokemon Unite’s last balance patch and already the developers are changing up the meta once again. It’s important for a game like Pokemon Unite to keep evolving, and the first few weeks are certainly the most vital.
Tencent likely wants to ensure that the game is fair and balanced for the Pokemon Unite mobile release date. After all, the game’s player base is likely going to explode when the title releases on smartphone devices and tablets.
We can’t wait to see how these new changes affect the current Pokemon Unite Tier List! From the looks of things, prepare for some big shake-ups over the next few weeks!
And with a new Pokemon in the mix too, the MOBA is getting more exciting than ever!
Pokemon Unite English Balance Patch Notes – August 18
- Stealth Rock: Cooldown decrease, Damage increase
- Rock Tomb: Damage increase
- Base Movement Speed increase
- Bulldoze: Damage increase
- Dragon Dive: Cooldown decrease
- Surf: Crowd Control (CC) effect reduced
- Scald: Damage increase, fixed a bug where the Oblivious passive wasn’t triggering from the steam damage
- Heavy Slam: Damage decrease
- Block: CC effect reduced
- Flail: Effect increase
- Unite Move: Heal decrease
- Smokescreen: Effect weakened, Cooldown increase
- Water Shuriken: Cooldown decrease, damage increase
- Double Team: Cooldown decrease
- Unite Move: Fixed a bug where capturing wild Pokemon and scoring wouldn’t charge the move gauge
- Basic Attack: Fixed a big where readying Cinderace’s Boosted Attack would increase Movement Speed
- Passive: Fixed a bug where the passive would trigger on Pokemon in bushes that you couldn’t see
- Aurora Viel: Fixed a bug where your passive would trigger more often inside the veil
- Basic Attack: Fixed a bug where Gardevoir’s Boosted Attack wouldn’t lower enemy Sp. Def
- Psychic: Now lowers enemy Sp. Def on hit
- Hurricane: Fixed a bug where some wild Pokemon such as Drednaw wouldn’t take damage
- Avalugg: HP decrease, Def and Sp. Def buff decrease
- Eject Button: Cooldown increase
- Goal Getter: Cooldown decrease
- Fluffy Tail: Effect increase
- X Attack: Effect increase
- Pokemon are now immune to enemy attacks for a brief period after respawning
That’s all for Pokemon Unite’s August 18 patch notes, and it’s clear that some major changes are being made!
Although oppressive Pokemon like Gengar and Zeraora received no changes in these patch notes, a nerf to Eject Button is something of an indirect buff for these characters. What’s more, the Gengar glitch that makes Hex useless is now fixed.
Excitingly, we are getting a brand new Pokemon as part of this balance patch too. Blissey will be competing with Eldegoss for the best Support Pokemon in the business.
More Pokemon Unite Guides
- Absol Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Charizard Build: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Eldegoss Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Gengar Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Greninja Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Lucario Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Machamp Build: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Pikachu Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Talonflame Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Venusaur Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Zeraora Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More