Crustle may just look like a small hermit crab, but this little creature is also one of the best tanks in Pokemon Unite – here’s a guide to all of its moves, items, strategy, and more!
Pokemon fans across the world are finally booting up Pokemon Unite. There are plenty of characters to choose from, but the crabby Crustle is one of the best!
Crustle is a tanky Defender built for map control and support, but can deal some surprisingly heavy damage too. Yeah, it’s a bit slow, but speed isn’t everything in Pokemon Unite.
Crustle is one of the Pokemon you can unlock on day one of the game, so many players will have access to this little crustacean. However, you’ll need to know the best moves, items, and strategies to get the most out of this Pokemon.
Crustle Build – Pokemon Unite
When playing as Crustle, you actually start off as Dwebble. But don’t worry, you evolve to Crustle very quickly at just level 4.
Sturdy – Every time the Pokémon loses a certain amount of HP, its Defense and Sp. Def are increased.
Basic Attack – Becomes a boosted attack with every third attack. When this boosted attack hits, it deals damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and decreases their movement speed for a short time.
Check out where this Pokemon stacks up in the Pokemon Unite Tier List!
Like all of the characters in Pokemon Unite, Crustle can pick one of two moves at level 1. You will then unlock the other at level 3.
Rock Slide – 6s Cooldown – Showers an area with rocks, stunning opponents.
Fury Cutter – 3.5s Cooldown – Slashes opponents, doing more damage with each successive hit.
Fury Cutter is definitely the best first move pick. This is because it lets you take down wild Pokemon quicker. Rock Slide is fine, but there’s only really one good choice here.
Read More: When Will Pokemon Unite Release on Mobile?
Rock Tomb – 5s Cooldown – Disrupts the ground and creates a wall. On second activation, destroys the wall.
Upgrade: Slows opponents.
Shell Smash – 7s Cooldown – Smashes your shell, trading your defenses for increased Movement Speed and Attack.
Upgrade: Increased Movement Speed and Attack.
Shell Smash is a great pick for your level 4 move, thanks to its versatility. You can use this to retreat quickly or to track down a fleeing enemy and finish them off. However, Rock Tomb is also a solid ability, but for a support-oriented build.
Stealth Rock – Cooldown 8s – Throws rocks that create levitation zones that cause damage over time.
Upgrade: Increased duration. Slows opponents.
X-Scissor – Cooldown 8s – Claws opponents multiple times, displacing them. Stuns opponents that get carried into terrain.
Upgrade: Reduced cooldown.
This is also another fairly simple choice. For our meta Crustle build, you’ll want to pick X-Scissor to help you deal some serious damage. Although, a more support-focused Crustle would do very well with Stealth Rock too.
Unite Move – Unite – Shields you and throws rocks at nearby opponents that explode on impact, damaging additional opponents in each blast zone.
A perfect defensive ability that not only protects you from damage but also hurts all nearby enemies too!
Best Crustle Items – Pokemon Unite
When playing Crustle, we recommend using the following Held Items:
- Rocky Helmet – After absorbing enough damage, deals percent damage to nearby opponents.
- Assault Vest – When out of combat, gain a percentage of your maximum health as an Sp. Attack shield.
- Aeos Cookie – Permanently increases Max HP upon scoring a goal.
These Held items will make Crustle even harder to kill, which is important for any tank.
We recommend using the Eject Button to get out of some sticky situations because Crutsle isn’t exactly the quickest character in Pokemon Unite.
Alternatively, you could equip the Potion to help regain some of your health over time.
Crustle Strategy in Pokemon Unite
- Crustle relies on its large health pool so make sure to return to base and heal up if you’re low on HP.
- You’ll want to primarily be defending the top or bottom lane with Crustle. This Pokemon is also an expert goalkeeper.
- Crustle can be quite slow, but remember to use Shell Smash for retreating and tracking down enemies – it greatly boosts your speed.
- Be coordinated with your team to provide solididty and support wherever you are needed in the late game.
Read More: Is Pokemon Unite Pay to Win?
More Pokemon Unite Guides
- Pokemon Unite: How to Unlock Zeraora for Free
- Pokemon Unite Best Starter Pokemon Guide – Which Should You Pick?
- Alolan Ninetales Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Absol Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Charizard Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Eldegoss Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Garchomp Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Gengar Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Greninja Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Lucario Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Pikachu Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Snorlax Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Talonflame Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Venusaur Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Zeraora Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Machamp Build: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More