It goes without saying that Pokemon Unite’s Absol is Absol-lutely terrifying to come up against. If you want to take full advantage of the scythe-wielding speedster, here is our guide to maximizing your potential.
Now, if you’re having a hard time deciding what your favorite playstyle is in Pokemon Unite, why don’t you give Absol a try? Whilst there are many interesting choices to go for, Absol excels at one-on-one combat and is a difficult Pokemon to master.
Whilst Absol is listed as a Speedster, which means it can close the distance in an instant, Absol also benefits from being a Melee expert. Interestingly, this combination can be scarily utilized in order to deal massive amounts of damage and chase down escaping enemies, sound like fun?
Read More: Is Pokemon Unite Pay to Win?
Absol Build – Pokemon Unite
Super Luck – Increases the Pokemon’s critical-hit rate.
Basic Attack – Becomes a booster attack with every third attack, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and decreasing their Defense when it hits. If this boosted attack hits only a single opposing Pokemon, it deals increased damage.
Feint – 8s Cooldown – Has the user dash in an arc, attacking opposing Pokemon it comes in contact with. This move ignored the Defense stat and shield effects of opposing Pokemon.
Slash – 6s Cooldown – Slashes with sharp claws in front of the user, increasing this move’s critical-hit rate.
Feint is the best pick for Absol at level 1 given that it does True Damage to opposing Pokemon and ignores Defence and shield effects. This makes it a particularly powerful move for securing ganks and kills early on in the game.
Night Slash – 5s Cooldown – The second attack has the user dash straight ahead, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and increasing the user’s critical-hit rate. The lower the opposing Pokemon’s HP, the more the user’s critical-hit rate is increased.
Upgrade: Using this move again will restore the user’s HP.
Pursuit – 5s Cooldown – Has the user dash to the designated location and quickly charge an opposing Pokemon with the next basic attack. If the basic attack lands from behind, its damage is increased and this move’s cooldown is reduced.
Upgrade: Increases the user’s movement speed.
Interestingly, Pursuit is actually the better move here given that it is an instant dash and can do a hefty amount of damage if you can land a hit from behind. Furthermore, you can chain multiple Pursuit moves together if you keep up the attack from behind.
Psycho Cut – 7s Cooldown – Has the user attack with blades formed by psychic power that decrease the movement speed of opposing Pokemon for a short time when the move hits. Also increases basic attack damage dealt to the affected opposing Pokemon for up to three attacks after this move hits.
Upgrade: Also increases the user’s movement speed for a short time when the user gets close to the opposing Pokemon that this move hit.
Sucker Punch – 7s Cooldown – Has the user look for an opening to attack an opposing Pokemon, decreasing the movement speed of the user and the opposing Pokemon for the duration.
After a short time, the user charges to attack, the opposing Pokemon. However, if the user receives damage or gets attacked before it charges, it attacks immediately and shoves the opposing Pokemon.
Upgrade: Increases basic attack speed for a short time when this move hits.
Although Sucker Punch is a good disrupt, Psycho Cut is far more useful due to its slow, increased basic attack damage and Speed-up effect near opponents.
Unite Move – Midnight Slash – Unleashes a flurry of slashes in front of the user. This move ends by unleashing powerful blades of energy, dealing increased damage to opposing Pokemon, and shoving them.
Interestingly, Absol’s Unite Move ability can be used in team fights, but also as a means of ensuring your team can secure any buffs that appear during the match.
Best Absol Items – Pokemon Unite
When playing as the scythe-wielding Absol, here are our recommended Held items:
Scope Lens – Boosts critical hit damage.
Float Stone – Move faster when not in combat.
Attack Weight – Permanently increases Attack upon scoring a goal.
Absol’s held items should enhance its innate abilities, Scope lens will ensure you are able to land some devastating hits. Float stone will allow you to position more easily for ganks, and Attack Weight will turn Absol into a roaming monstrosity.
Read More: When Will Pokemon Unite Release on Mobile?
Eject Button is a solid pick for Absol and most Pokemon. However, this aligns perfectly with Absol’s main focus and allows you to close in for easy kills, which Absol is made to do.
Absol Strategy in Pokemon Unite
- Start the game by clearing mid-lane Pokemon solo, once you hit level 5 you will want to branch out and start looking to support your team and rack up some kills in-lane.
- Pursuit is your best friend at level 5, it does insane damage and can easily take on the strongest of foes. Pursuit does massive burst damage that can’t be matched early on. Furthermore, Absol’s mobility will mean that players will struggle to get away from you if you go on the offensive.
- In the late game, look for overextended players and gank enemies from behind for massive damage using Pursuit’s additional damage from behind buff. Finally, Zapdos is incredibly important in the early game, so make sure to pop your Unite Move to secure the kill for your team.
Check out where this Pokemon stacks up in the Pokemon Unite Tier List!
More Pokemon Unite Guides
- Pokemon Unite: How to Unlock Zeraora for Free
- Pokemon Unite Best Starter Pokemon Guide – Which Should You Pick?
- Charizard Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Crustle Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Eldegoss Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Garchomp Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Gengar Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Greninja Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Lucario Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Pikachu Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Snorlax Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Talonflame Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Venusaur Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Zeraora Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More – Pokemon Unite
- Alolan Ninetales Guide: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More
- Machamp Build: Best Moves, Items, Strategy & More