Magmortar is one of the strongest Fire-type Pokemon in Legends: Arceus – here’s how you can evolve it from Magmar!
Pokemon Legends: Arceus might be different from past entries in the series in terms of gameplay, but there are still plenty of familiar Pokemon in the game.
Even if the Gen 1 starters aren’t in Legends: Arceus, there are plenty of other classic ‘Mon to choose from. And you don’t get a much better Charizard replacement than Fire-type powerhouse Magmortar.
However, evolving your Magmar into Magmortar works differently in Legends: Arceus to previous games. Although, like the new way to evolve Electivire, the evolution process is actually easier now!
Also, if we are lucky, we may see a Mega Magmortar soon. This is thanks to a datamines hinting that Pokemon Legends: Arceus could get mega evolutions in the future!
Without further ado, here’s what you need to do to evolve Magmar into Magmortar!
How to Evolve Magmar into Magmortar in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
You’ll need a special evolution item – the Magmarizer – to evolve Magmar into Magmortar in Pokemon Legends: Arceus!
- First, you’ll need a Magmar to evolve. You can get one by evolving Magby once it reaches level 30 or by catching one on Firespit Island in the Cobalt Coastland.
- If you want a shiny Magmar or Magmortar, make sure you know how to boost your shiny odds in Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
- Next, you’ll need to get the Magmarizer evolution item.
- Magmarizers are on sale at the Jubilife Village Trading Post for 1400 Merit Points. If you’re lucky, Ginter at the Gingko Guild Shop might also sell a ‘Magma Box’ for 10,000 Pokedollars.
- Finally, use your Magmarizer on Magmar to evolve it into Magmortar!
Use this method and you’ll evolve Magmar into Magmortar in no time! Not only will this give you a powerful Fire-type ‘Mon for battles, but it’ll also put you one step closer to completing the Pokedex and catching the legendary Arceus!